Still no hints nowhere. The wireless connection seems super fine to me (from the netinfo.txt, as well as syslog). And no activity, either wireless or anything else, seem to trigger anything that may cause a freeze. At this point, I am totally clueless. Will take another look at the patch (since it is the only thing that I have used rather carelessly) to see if there is any critical setting. But I guess that will be tomorrow as I am too tired now.

Meanwhile, take a look yourself at other logs in the /var/log directory, may be even older versions of syslog.2.gz or even older to see if there are any suspicious records at their ends (assuming the messages we are actually interested in are the last thing recorded, before you reboot).

I'd reboot my own laptop (I do it only once or twice a month ) to make sure I am following the correct logs.

Of course, no clues = no solutions, we desperately need any hints about what may be causing the freeze. Can you identify the exact situation when the freeze occurs? Can you repeat that situation at different times after booting (immediately, after some usage, whenever you want)? If so, please explain in detail what exactly triggers the freeze.

One more thing, disable IPv6 completely following this post : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...9#post12640479