Thread: Extensions issues in Gnome 3.8

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Extensions issues in Gnome 3.8

Hey everyone.
    I'm running Ubuntu 13.04 with Gnome 3.8, and I'm having issues with the Extensions.

First issue: Some extensions, although in the Tweak Tool\Shell Extensions tab are active, they are not appearing in the menu bar after a log out or a restart, and must be deactivated and reactivated to show up. Noteably, Extensions Shortcuts and Workspace Indicator.

Second issue: the webpage dedicated to extensions shows Extensions in the installed tab, which I have not installed, and I cannot remove them.

Is there any way I can purge the list that the webpage uses to gather its information, so I can start from scratch with the extensions? And have any of you experienced disappearing extensions?

Thanks, your support is much appreciated.

By the way, I have finally ceased all use of Windows, and of OS X. This version of Ubuntu and the apps available in Gnome finally satisfy everything I am looking for.

EDIT:
    Akay, so the extensions have stopped disappearing. I think there was an extension I had (a spacer-reducing extension) that caused the items to disappear.
    But, the applications showing as installed when they are not is still not resolved.
    Last edited by Da_Panther; May 9th, 2013 at 04:05 AM.