Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu 13.04 sound gone

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 13.04 sound gone

Yep, that does the trick! Thanks dsana123

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by WBMachinery View Post
    I am also affected by this problem, I'm currently using Ubuntu 13.04, except there is no process 109 when the dummy output is created, and it seems to happen randomly. I have an Asus U56E-BBL6 with a Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Did you find any resolution to your problem? I have the same problem too..

Edit: Problem solved. Followed tut at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1885240
    Last edited by jamchamp; June 15th, 2013 at 05:31 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dsana123 View Post
    @mreq: I solved my problem with the uid 109 process and pulseaudio...

I previously had a problem with Ubuntu 13.04 shutting down. The console message at shutdown said something like "speech-dispatcher is disabled: edit /etc/default/speech-dispatcher to enable it". So I enabled speech-dispatcher. Seems like uid 109 is the speech-dispatcher. So I disabled speech-dispatcher and rebooted, and now I have sound again.
    I've been looking around trying to find a solution to a problem I've got with this, so here's a twist:

I can either disable it and have sound, OR I can enable it and be able to shut down and restart my computer.

When I enable speech-dispatcher, once I try and shut down or restart, it'll hang on a black screen and never make it. I have to hard reset with the power button to get it to finally kick the bucket, but I 've just recently found that fixing that problem is the cause of this new one. I'm still looking around, but I figured I'd leave this here as a contingency. Any ideas on what I'd need to do to fix both at the same time?

edit: also, this only provides sound if I boot up with it disabled
    edit2: Nevermind I guess, I managed to fix it by disabling it, and then removing it from boot up services. It also killed my system tray icon for audio settings, but that's not a big deal, I can fix that later.
    Last edited by Supersonic Doom; August 1st, 2013 at 07:07 AM.

Beans

Hi,
    I am getting a lot of popping or clicking when watching videos either on youtube or elsewhere.
    Is there a configuration file that I can adjust for the sound?
    Thanks, Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12