Thread: Xbox 360 on Ubuntu

Beans

Xbox 360 on Ubuntu

I am new here, and I have looked around, is there anything to edit my files on an Xbox 360 disc? I nede to be able to export them somewhere in my distro, then reimport them into my disc. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Xbox 360 on Ubuntu

Well, I hope you're aware that a game disc is not editable. And burning a new disc with the edited files will not play in a 360 unless it has had a mod chip installed. That being said, when I have tried to copy an Xbox 360 disc, I was not even able to correctly read it in Ubuntu.

Now if you're talking about the 360's hard drive, that's a little different, and it could be as simple as popping out the hard drive and putting it in your computer.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ranko Kohime View Post
    Now if you're talking about the 360's hard drive, that's a little different, and it could be as simple as popping out the hard drive and putting it in your computer.
    I have the game installed on my HDD and the HDD is removable. It is a 250? GB HDD and my Xbox is the 4 GB Slim. I have a Dell XPS M140 running Ubuntu 12.04. What could I do? I was not aware that the discs were un editable either so Ill go with HDD
    Last edited by Awren00; May 18th, 2013 at 06:50 PM. Reason: I can't spell. Nor type.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

You'd need a special program. I've heard of a program that might be able to do it, but I don't know if the program is defunct or not, given that it's been years since I've heard anything about it. Google it and see what you find.

Beans

sry but there is no xbox 360 emulater a pc dosnot have the stuff a xbox 360 needs to run on pc

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Awren00 View Post
    I have the game installed on my HDD and the HDD is removable. It is a 250? GB HDD and my Xbox is the 4 GB Slim. I have a Dell XPS M140 running Ubuntu 12.04. What could I do? I was not aware that the discs were un editable either so Ill go with HDD
    Either way, you'd need a way to edit the files on the HDD, which involves unscrewing the Xbox360 HDD and plugging your PC SATA HDD cables into your PC. Which isn't TOO hard, but it still isn't the easiest thing in the world. I've done it with my Slim, but I used a seperate drive to hook into my slim with the files on it.
    Last edited by blatz89; May 22nd, 2013 at 02:46 PM.