Thread: Ubuntu Installation Hangs when using Wubi

Hybrid View

Beans

Unhappy Ubuntu Installation Hangs when using Wubi

I installed Ubuntu 12.04.1LTS using Wubi Installer. It worked absolutely fine and I used it for a while and installed some updates too.

For some reason I had to uninstall Ubuntu. I uninstalled Ubuntu 12.04.1 from Control Panel>Programs and Features>Ubuntu. It successfully uninstalled Ubuntu.

I then installed Ubuntu 12.10 using Wubi Installer available in the iso image. The system restarted and started installing Ubuntu 12.10. When the installation reached about 70% it hung [stuck]. The message on the installer is "Almost finishing copying files". I waited for nearly an hour, but in vain.
    I powered off the pc[by keeping the power button pressed] and booted windows [No issues with windows]. Again I uninstalled Ubuntu, and ran Wubi to install 12.04.1, but again it hangs at the same point.
    I repeated the installation a couple of times, but it always fails at the same point.

Question is whats going wrong? It worked fine the first time, after uninstalling ubuntu, its not reinstalling.
    Please help. Thank You.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu Installation Hangs when using Wubi

See http://askubuntu.com/q/292177/14916

Update either one if you want it to be answered.

Beans

Hi bcbc,
    Thanks for the link. I did check the logs.

For my luck, after reverting from command line to GUI, it continued installation and installed successfully. Now I have ubuntu 12.10 installed.

I really dont know what caused it to hang the previous times. I just cant find a reason.

Anybody who faces similar issue, please do share it here and keep the thread alive.

As for now, the question still remains a mystery, leaving it unanswered........

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Paimeauu,

Did you capture the logs? If so, please attach them either here or to a bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/wubi/+filebug

That will help figure out the issue. Also, post your machine brand/model/graphics card etc.

Thanks!