Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: messed up my $PATH and /sbin

Beans

Re: messed up my $PATH and /sbin

Also if I look at my /etc/environment it tells me that /sbin is found within it. Doesn't this mean that sbin is included in my environment that is originally loaded at login?
    Code:
    PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Yes.

In a system with no mods, you should end up with that path after login. If you have guess account enabled, you may tried login in as guess and check what path you end up with.

Regards.

Beans

I'm also finding that applications are reinstalling themselves to, or are not fully removing themselves when they state they are. Take for example conky
    if i do a purge, autoremove or remove terminal states that conky isn't installed. But if i restart the computer up pops conky, and I can do a quick locate to see some of the important conky files are back like .conkyrc and /etc/conky. Does this mean that they are installed to a different location, and when i'm trying to remove them i'm trying to remove them from a different place then they really are?

Beans

oh and made another account, got the same path that my user account has, which is minus the sbin path

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12