Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is great?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: What is great?

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    Anyway, trying to defend Nazis is probably something that won't last very long in this forum.
    Oh my, I don't think anyone's trying to defend nazis. What I think is appropriate is the subject of use of language, sensitivity about perceived attack even when no one really has attacked you, arrogance (Friend 1 dismissing Friend 2 as "ignorant"), comparison of ancient monsters (Alexander) and more modern ones, even the fact of the Soviets and the Chinese fighting against Japan during WW2 (not something often discussed in Europe).
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: What is great?

As with many languages, the definitions of English words may change with the context. In this case, "great" may or may not convey a sense of "good". "Large" and "effective" come to mind.

In any case, I fear that the course of this thread may take a turn for the worse, so it is now closed.

Thanks for sharing.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12