Thread: the lack of administrative priviledges associated with your user account

Beans

the lack of administrative priviledges associated with your user account

Hye guys i got this error when i install and purge packages .. also problem when i run command reboot or another command a terminal tell me run using /sbin/<packages> or /usr/sbin/<packages> .. anybody help me please .

1: error on terminal ..

dpkg: warning: 'ldconfig' not found on PATH.
    dpkg: warning: 'start-stop-daemon' not found on PATH.
    dpkg: warning: 'update-rc.d' not found on PATH.
    dpkg: 3 expected program(s) not found on PATH.
    NB: root's PATH should usually contain /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin and /sbin.
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

2: error on terminal ..

The command could not be located because '/usr/sbin' is not included in the PATH environment variable.
    This is most likely caused by the lack of administrative priviledges associated with your user account.

Thank You .

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: the lack of administrative priviledges associated with your user account

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo should help you with the administative privileges that you might need for some tasks.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.
    Please use CODE tags.
    A low-volume blog

Beans
    Hidden!

Wouldn't dpkg bail out even before trying to execute anything if not being run under sudo? In this case, I'd rather suspect a wrongly set secure_path in /etc/sudoers or something like this.

Beans

my /etc/sudoers

Defaults secure_path="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin"

Beans
    Hidden!

So, /etc/sudoers looks okay. Let's try to find out where the wrong PATH comes from. Please post the output of following commands:
    Code:
    sudo sh -c 'echo $PATH'
    Code:
    echo 'echo $PATH'|sudo -s
    Code:
    pkexec sh -c 'echo $PATH'