Thread: Fullscreen programs (wine) do not hide unity items

Beans

Fullscreen programs (wine) do not hide unity items

Hello, I have seen this problem posted around here about two years ago but none of the solutions have worked for me so far. I am using a thinkpad t60 with three different fullscreen wine programs. for each of them, If I disallow the window manager to control the windows in the wine settings, it will display correctly but the keyboard will not function correctly. If I enable the window manager to control the windows then the keyboard will work correctly, but then the unite launcher and top panel will display over the programs. Was their ever a workaround for these problems? I have tried the "legacy fullscreen support" in compiz with no luck.

thanks.
    Last edited by sona1111; May 19th, 2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: solved

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Fullscreen programs (wine) do not hide unity items

I have the same problem and I am clueless. sona1111 have you managet to solve it? If so please write what was the solution.

Beans

I have only posted this less then a day ago, but I have been trying everything. I am through the entire first google page so far. Including a bunch of weird compiz settings. I Think I will try playonlinux next.

Beans

Still no luck getting the unity bars to go away. Does anyone know how to fix it? or possibly how to capture the keyboard without using the window manager?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Moved to Wine

Let's see if you get better action here.

Cheers!
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

thank you, though some people have also reported problems with non-wine applications. (the problems I have are only with wine at this time)

Beans

bump

Beans

Ok guys, It took a little help from the people at wine forums, but I seem to have solved it, for myself at least.

All that you need to do is check all the boxes in wine config graphics tab (auto capture, alllow, allow, and emulate desktop) and set the resolution of the desktop in the boxes to exactly what you have set in ubuntu display settings. One pixel off and it becomes a window, but exactly the same it goes full screen! Then all that you have to do is open your program and set the resolution there to be the same as the other two resolution settings, and you should be good to go! (if you cant find the exact resolution you need, check the programs app directory for some .ini file they like to hide the resolutions in.)

Thanks for everyone's help!