Please try what is suggested here : http://askubuntu.com/a/165002
However, if you can't get your wired connection to connect to internet, then we'll have to do a little more work. In that case, proceed as follows:
- To download the packages on a different computer :
sudo apt-get install --print-uris build-essential linux-headers-generic linux-headers-`uname -r`
- This command will, among a few other details, give you the download links for each package. Copy them in a text file and use them to download the packages on another computer. Then copy them to your Ubuntu computer and double-click to install.
- Download the driver from this link : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57056576/DRI...14.2012.tar.gz
- Copy the downloaded .tar.gz package to your Ubuntu computer desktop, then "Right-click on the package > Extract here". This will extract the downloaded package to a folder with the same name as the package (rtl_92ce_92se_92de_8723ae_linux_mac80211_0006.051 4.2012).
- Once successfully extracted, open a terminal and run the following commands in it (one command at a time > let it finish > run the next command....) :
sudo make install
sudo modprobe -v rtl8723e
If, while compiling the driver, you get this error :
Then you may need to do a little modification in the source code as mentioned here (post #36) : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...1#post12331931
‘IEEE80211_HW_BEACON_FILTER’ undeclared (first use in this function)
For reference : http://askubuntu.com/a/154935
Let us know how it goes.