Thread: access to my computer via the web

Beans

access to my computer via the web

Hi, I have used apache2 to turn my laptop into a server. I can call up my webpage in Firefox. My page works fine.

My machine has at the moment ip 192.168.1.4 but my (WAN) ip is 114.XXX.XXX.145 (blanked out the correct no.)

When I try to access my computer from another computer, I arrive at my router, which requests username and password. I get the page I would get if I entered 192.168.1.1 However, I don't want to access the router, I want get through it to my computer, to my webpage.

What do I have to do??

Beans

Re: access to my computer via the web

Does it work if you access your server from *Internet* using hte public IP address?

Beans

What would that be? How many ips do I have??

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Pedroski55 View Post
    What would that be? How many ips do I have??
    Your "WAN" IP address

Beans

That's what I used
    Apparently I need 'port forwarding', but I have no idea how to enable that, or where.

Beans

That's what I used
    Apparently I need 'port forwarding', but I have no idea how to enable that, or where.
    It's not a Ubuntu question; you have to set it up in your router/modem/NAT-device. Consult http://portforward.com/ or your routers/modem manual

HTH

Beans

On my router is a useradmin password, so I can call 192.168.1.1 and enter useradmin and the password. Then I am 'inside' the router. But this is not the full access that the Chinatelecom technician has. This huawei HG8245 router has another user 'telecomadmin' and another password. I do not know that password, so I can't get at anything to change it. The password is not the default admintelecom as it says on the portforward.com webpage.

So I am stuck!

Beans
    Hidden!

On my router is a useradmin password, so I can call 192.168.1.1 and enter useradmin and the password. Then I am 'inside' the router. But this is not the full access that the Chinatelecom technician has. This huawei HG8245 router has another user 'telecomadmin' and another password. I do not know that password, so I can't get at anything to change it. The password is not the default admintelecom as it says on the portforward.com webpage.

So I am stuck!
    According to http://portforward.com/english/route...faultguide.htm the default user name is telecomadmin, which has a default password of admintelecom
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans

Got the telecomadmin password from the technician, but: The page where one might set port forwarding does not exist on my router. I will buy a new router, and see if that works.