Thread: Compiling xscreensaver from source.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Compiling xscreensaver from source.

Putting together an all-encompassing matrix theme (yeah, go ahead and boo ) for my xubuntu install, even creating a custom x11 cursor theme based on the icons from StarCraft (look pretty nice too, I've smoothed the default animations alot, expect it to be on gnome-look et all). And as a bit of a vanity shot I've rewrote the xmatrix.c source code to reference my handle instead of Neo. Problem is I'm having hell compiling it. I got the code from github, ./configure, make, make install etc. But its not working with the gdk-pixbuf. Error message:
    Code:
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ntzrmtthihu777/.src/xscreensaver-debian-5.10-3ubuntu4/utils'
    make[1]: Nothing to be done for `default'.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ntzrmtthihu777/.src/xscreensaver-debian-5.10-3ubuntu4/utils'
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ntzrmtthihu777/.src/xscreensaver-debian-5.10-3ubuntu4/driver'
    WARNING: neither GTK nor Motif are available, therefore no xscreensaver-demo!
    gcc -pedantic -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wmissing-prototypes -Wno-overlength-strings -Wdeclaration-after-statement -std=c89 -U__STRICT_ANSI__ -c -I. -I. -I./../utils -I..  -pthread -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2  xscreensaver-getimage.c
    xscreensaver-getimage.c: In function ‘read_file_gdk’:
    xscreensaver-getimage.c:390:34: error: too few arguments to function ‘gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file’
    In file included from ../gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.h:35:0,
                     from ../gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-xlib.h:24,
                     from xscreensaver-getimage.c:58:
    ../gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-core.h:290:12: note: declared here
    xscreensaver-getimage.c:413:9: warning: ‘gdk_pixbuf_unref’ is deprecated (declared at ../gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-core.h:243): Use 'g_object_unref' instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
    xscreensaver-getimage.c:430:15: warning: ‘gdk_pixbuf_unref’ is deprecated (declared at ../gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-core.h:243): Use 'g_object_unref' instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
    make[1]: *** [xscreensaver-getimage.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ntzrmtthihu777/.src/xscreensaver-debian-5.10-3ubuntu4/driver'
    make: *** [default] Error 5
    Would someone more 1337 than I care to assist?

Nevermind, seems I got it. I got the source from apt-get instead of github, seems to be woring.
    Last edited by ntzrmtthihu777; May 3rd, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
    Technomancy
    The old ways are not the only ways. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner. Holographic daemons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things