Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help watching TV with new mythbuntu install

Beans

Need help watching TV with new mythbuntu install

Having trouble with a new mythbuntu install as frontend and backend. I believe I have the backend setup correctly. I've configured a HDHomeRun Prime and successfully scanned for and added channels. However, when I select watch tv on the frontend, the screen only flashes a "please wait" for a split second before returning to the menu. I'm a noob and not sure where to even start looking. Would appreciate help troubleshooting this issue.

Mythbuntu 12.04.1 32 bit, HDHR Prime.
    Last edited by jkgiant; September 8th, 2012 at 04:55 AM.

Beans

Re: Need help watching TV with new mythbuntu install

Quote Originally Posted by jkgiant View Post
    Having trouble with a new mythbuntu install as frontend and backend. I believe I have the backend setup correctly. I've configured a HDHomeRun Prime and successfully scanned for and added channels. However, when I select watch tv on the frontend, the screen only flashes a "please wait" for a split second before returning to the menu. I'm a noob and not sure where to even start looking. Would appreciate help troubleshooting this issue.

Mythbuntu 12.04.1 32 bit, HDHR Prime.
    You need to look in the frontend and backend logs under /var/log/mythtv.

Beans

Backend is reporting unknown tuner type.

Sep 8 15:03:33 Dimension-8300 mythbackend[1668]: E TVRecEvent dtvmultiplex.cpp:325 (ParseTuningParams) DTVMux: ParseTuningParams -- Unknown tuner type = 0x2000
    Sep 8 15:03:33 Dimension-8300 mythbackend[1668]: E TVRecEvent dtvchannel.cpp:308 (SetChannelByString) DTVChan(192.168.1.12-0): SetChannelByString(3_1): Failed to initialize multiplex options
    Sep 8 15:03:33 Dimension-8300 mythbackend[1668]: E TVRecEvent tv_rec.cpp:3681 (TuningFrequency) TVRec(1): Failed to set channel to 3_1. Reverting to kState_None

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jkgiant View Post
    Backend is reporting unknown tuner type.

Sep 8 15:03:33 Dimension-8300 mythbackend[1668]: E TVRecEvent dtvmultiplex.cpp:325 (ParseTuningParams) DTVMux: ParseTuningParams -- Unknown tuner type = 0x2000
    Sep 8 15:03:33 Dimension-8300 mythbackend[1668]: E TVRecEvent dtvchannel.cpp:308 (SetChannelByString) DTVChan(192.168.1.12-0): SetChannelByString(3_1): Failed to initialize multiplex options
    Sep 8 15:03:33 Dimension-8300 mythbackend[1668]: E TVRecEvent tv_rec.cpp:3681 (TuningFrequency) TVRec(1): Failed to set channel to 3_1. Reverting to kState_None
    Is channel 3_1 a working channel? You can go into the mythtv-setup and change the default channel to something else if that is not a working channel.

Beans

Hey, I'm having exactly the same problem. This setup worked for me in an earlier incarnation of mythbuntu, but I did a total clean install and oonfiguration. It doesn't matter for me what channel I select, it seems to always return that error in the log.

DTVMux: ParseTuningParams -- Unknown tuner type = 0x2000
    DTVChan(1311519D-0): SetChannelByString(2): Failed to initialize multiplex options
    Failed to set channel to 2. Reverting to kState_None

I can also run the "HDHomeRun Config GUI" and tune and view the same channels it tries to tune to.
    Last edited by robhaynes; September 10th, 2012 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Addition information.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by robhaynes View Post
    Hey, I'm having exactly the same problem. This setup worked for me in an earlier incarnation of mythbuntu, but I did a total clean install and oonfiguration. It doesn't matter for me what channel I select, it seems to always return that error in the log.

DTVMux: ParseTuningParams -- Unknown tuner type = 0x2000
    DTVChan(1311519D-0): SetChannelByString(2): Failed to initialize multiplex options
    Failed to set channel to 2. Reverting to kState_None

I can also run the "HDHomeRun Config GUI" and tune and view the same channels it tries to tune to.
    They aren't encrypted channels are they?

Beans

I have it working now. I hadn't configured a grabber. I setup and configured schedules direct and downloaded their channel list. I'm still not certain how this affected backend from not seeing the tuner. The channels I tried were not encrypted. The channel scan identified 3_1, which is CBS here locally. I also tried entering as 3.1 with no luck.

Beans

Like the other poster, its CBS. I'm not sure if my cable provider encrypts that channel or not.

Beans

I tried configuring a grabber, schedules direct. That did not help at all. There must have been something else. Probably something pretty basic.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by robhaynes View Post
    I tried configuring a grabber, schedules direct. That did not help at all. There must have been something else. Probably something pretty basic.
    Did you ever figure this out? I'm dead in the water..

Bonte

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast