Thread: text selection to copy sometimes blocked for this site only

Beans

text selection to copy sometimes blocked for this site only

Every now and then, in Firefox 20, I find it is impossible to highltight text in this forum, prepatory to copying it. At the same time, pages from other sites in other tabs will have no problem. What causes this and is there a fix?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: text selection to copy sometimes blocked for this site only

I have not experienced that, but will investigate...
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

@Dreamer Fithp Apprentice, do you have yahooapi whitelisted if you are running no script?

Beans

Thanks. Cariboo, I don't use NoScript at the moment. As the settings proliferated and more sites became script dependent, it got to be more hassle than the benefit was worth. Now I just use Flashblock and get almost as much benefit with nowhere near as much work.

I should have mentioned that people have complained off and on for years in Firefox forums about similar inability to select text that is sporadic and seems to be a perennial Firefox bug. But I've never noticed anyone saying they had the problem in one tab and not in another or associating it with particular sites. I thought at first it might be brought on by too many tabs or open programs but shutting down a lot of stuff didn't seem to matter. I stress this is totally sporadic. I think it has happened to me 3 or 4 times in the last 24 hours, all here. Which is a lot more often than I've seen it in the past, which is why I finally took notice of it and started searching and asking.
    Last edited by Dreamer Fithp Apprentice; May 3rd, 2013 at 06:55 AM.