Thread: Record Fullscreen OpenGL games?

Beans

Question Record Fullscreen OpenGL games?

Hello!

I am on Ubuntu 13.04 and I was just wondering if there was anyway to record fullscreen OpenGL games? I tried installing GLC, but I get an error stating that the package could not be found, even after adding the repo and updating Aptitude. Maybe something changed in 13.04 that is stopping me from installing it... Any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Record Fullscreen OpenGL games?

Besides GLC, have you tried anything else?

Off the top of my head, you should try Kazam (it's available in the Ubuntu Software Center). If that doesn't work (it can be unstable or have leaking issues), there's also Vokoscreen.

Lastly, you could just simply use the Terminal with FFMPEG. I'm not too familiar with the commands though.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by myromance123 View Post
    Besides GLC, have you tried anything else?
    Off the top of my head, you should try Kazam (it's available in the Ubuntu Software Center). If that doesn't work (it can be unstable or have leaking issues), there's also Vokoscreen.
    Lastly, you could just simply use the Terminal with FFMPEG. I'm not too familiar with the commands though.
    Yes, I have Kazam, but unfortunately neither that nor Vokoscreen will record the games in fullscreen (at least for me). I believe they work in windowed mode (I can't test it atm) though. I might look into FFMPEG if nothing else.

Thanks for the reply! If anyone else has any other suggestions, please let me know!

Beans

Hi, I use RecordMyDesktop not sure if it records full screen OpenGL games.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Gamecaster
    Yet another blog about Linux Games..- news, ratings, tutorials and competitions

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

FFMPEG is the only thing I've found which works well, is near bug-free and has decent performance. But it's a bit of a drag learning it.
    My intent is not to flame. I am unarmed. -- QIII; thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by dak0 View Post
    Hi, I use RecordMyDesktop not sure if it records full screen OpenGL games.
    It does not record OpenGL, therefore it will not record the games that rely on it. It's framerate is not sufficient for that, either, as in my testing it's 15 fps or lower, regardless of settings.