Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saucy Salamander Daily builds are up!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Saucy Salamander Daily builds are up!

I don´t have any broblem with amd64 live, everything works fine and without any problem

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Installed the 32 bit daily (5/02/13) build. It appears the problem with ATI is fixed. It booted properly to the Try/Install screen, and from there to the live desktop. Installation went without a hitch. Installed all of my usual apps. Apps that require installation from PPA wouldn't install that way because their latest builds are for 13.04 so 13.10 couldn't find packages. Going to the PPA site and downloading/installing the .deb packages worked well in those cases. Everything running smoothly so far.
    HP 17 Notebook, 8GB DDR3, A10-APU ATI Radeon HD 8650G

Beans

odd problem. tried installing the 64bit version as a guest in VirtualBox. Audio works while in the Live CD but fails in the guest. It looks like the installer isn't installing everything it should.
    "I've asked you a million times not to exaggerate!"
    iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

Beans
    Distro

Update: I tried a Btrfs Format Install on 13.10 with my 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD System, (the 2010 Dell Zino 400 HD System) it now boots up much faster than it did with the standard ext2 Format, and the error about the SSD not being ready yet is gone. No delay while Booting Up.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by loukingjr View Post
    odd problem. tried installing the 64bit version as a guest in VirtualBox. Audio works while in the Live CD but fails in the guest. It looks like the installer isn't installing everything it should.
    okay my bad. It turns out in VirtualBox at least if you set Ubuntu to automatically log in it doesn't have time to load all the modules.
    "I've asked you a million times not to exaggerate!"
    iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

Beans
    Distro

Jppr: I was unable to get both I386 and AMD64 to work yesterday. The only thing that would work is the 13.10 UbuntuKylin Re-Spin. The Ubuntu Gnome Nightly Build was NOT yet available last night (Chicago Time Zone) so I tried out the 13.10 Chinese UbuntuKylin Re-Spin.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by tdockery97 View Post
    Installed the 32 bit daily (5/02/13) build. It appears the problem with ATI is fixed. It booted properly to the Try/Install screen, and from there to the live desktop. Installation went without a hitch. Installed all of my usual apps. Apps that require installation from PPA wouldn't install that way because their latest builds are for 13.04 so 13.10 couldn't find packages. Going to the PPA site and downloading/installing the .deb packages worked well in those cases. Everything running smoothly so far.

The 'mir' ppa works just great and I installed that when I was in raring.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    The 'mir' ppa works just great and I installed that when I was in raring.
    Anything new with mir ?

I'm kinda scared to try it again.

Beans
    Distro

Thumbs up Re: Saucy Salamander Daily builds are up!

Quote Originally Posted by tdockery97 View Post
    For me yesterday's builds failed on Intel Integraded Graphics as well as ATI Graphics, forgot to mention that last night, have NOT been able to try today's builds, Starbucks Internet was too slow so all I tried was sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. Both worked fine updating yesterday's builds and shutdown worked just fine as well.
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    Anything new with mir ?

I'm kinda scared to try it again.

I have been so busy .... uh.. I'll get on that ... snooze first though ..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast