Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to search for files in Xubuntu / XFCE with just Thunar and a Bash script

Beans

Smile Re: How to search for files in Xubuntu / XFCE with just Thunar and a Bash script

Catfish rules with Thunar. It's really useful! I hope developers of Thunar and Xubuntu will take care of File Searching in next releases. May be in Ubuntu 9.30 or 15.20...
    Thank you!

Beans

Re: search-for-files: Graphical search for any Desktop Environment and File Manager (

First of all, Thanks so much for the script, this is really useful!

I wonder if it is possible to make a custom actions that can 'Copy file path' (similar to 'copy link location' in firefox, that is when you right click on a file in Thunar, click 'copy file path', and the file path will be copied to the clipboard, so that I can paste the path such as '/usr/share/icons/xxx/xxx.svg' to my .desktop files.

Beans

Re: How to search for files in Xubuntu / XFCE with just Thunar and a Bash script

Just want to say thanks... Very useful

Beans

Re: How to search for files in Xubuntu / XFCE with just Thunar and a Bash script

Quote Originally Posted by LKRaider View Post
    Sounds like great idea, the translation

Meanwhile, I did a gtkdialog version for me including the slocate option.
    I know this is off topic but I'm sort of desperate to find a good tutorial, howto, manual, forum about gtkdialog. Do you know of any?.
    I'm aware of:
    http://forum.goblinx.com.br/viewtopic.php?p=3418#3418 which not complete and for event driven script (which don't work on my system because of a no solved bug)
    Googling for hours did not show too much, just found some examples.
    Any help appreciated

Thanks
    Glantucan

Beans

Re: search-for-files: Graphical search for any Desktop Environment and File Manager (

I keep getting Permission denied when I try to run this line and I don't know why. I add "sudo" before it.

Code:
    chmod +x integrate-catfish.sh ; ./integrate-catfish.sh

Beans

Smile Re: How to search for files in Xubuntu / XFCE with just Thunar and a Bash script

Thank you my friend for this wonderful tutorial. It helped me a lot in daily file searches. Big thx!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345