Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saucy Authentication Problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Saucy Authentication Problem

I am testing Saucy and have a problem with Gdebi Authentication
    There is a new Keyring Policy in effect with Saucy and it will not recognise my password
    This is all too new for me and have never seen this new window
    Here is a pic of it,read the white out options on the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Saucy Authentication Problem

That's the root auth window, no use to you.
    run
    Code:
    gksu-properties
    & change mode to sudo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

thanks mc4man,all solved now.

Beans

It's an issue that raring released with -
    gksu isn't default installed so when it is, (gdebi uses gksu), it installs with su mode which doesn't work out in Ubuntu
    (Some 32 bit users report it installs with sudo, certainly not the case on 64 bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    It's an issue that raring released with -
    gksu isn't default installed so when it is, (gdebi uses gksu), it installs with su mode which doesn't work out in Ubuntu
    (Some 32 bit users report it installs with sudo, certainly not the case on 64 bit
    Mc4man, be advised that I am reporting each of your Posts that continue to mention Raring in this Ubuntu + 1 Sub-Forum. This Sub-Forum has now been Renamed Ubuntu + 1, the 13.10 Tool Chain is UP, and 13.10 Nightly Builds are Available (even if they are NOT working for everyone, including yours truly), check and see what Cariboo907 said regarding further discussion of 13.04 if you don't believe me, Just FYI.
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    That's the root auth window, no use to you.
    run
    Code:
    gksu-properties
    & change mode to sudo
    +1 Thanks Bud!

Beans
    Distro

Thumbs up Re: Saucy Authentication Problem

Quote Originally Posted by runrickus View Post
    +1 Thanks Bud!
    As far as I am aware, that is a Raring Problem, NOT a Saucy Problem! For example: The tty1 Login Screen (Control + Alt + F1) is broken in 13.04. It works just fine in 13.10, however, as long as you use your Computer's Name as the User Name (in my case i use kevpan815) and NOT the actual name of the user himself or herself. Then you use Password of the User who set up the Computer, and tty1 works just fine.
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Problems that are carried over from the released version should be discussed here. We are still in the very early stages of development, and as such most of what we are using is still raring.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by kevpan815 View Post
    As far as I am aware, that is a Raring Problem, NOT a Saucy Problem! For example: The tty1 Login Screen (Control + Alt + F1) is broken in 13.04. It works just fine in 13.10, however, as long as you use your Computer's Name as the User Name (in my case i use kevpan815) and NOT the actual name of the user himself or herself. Then you use Password of the User who set up the Computer, and tty1 works just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    Problems that are carried over from the released version should be discussed here. We are still in the very early stages of development, and as such most of what we are using is still raring.
    The idea being that after smug smaug is released, rabid rabbits issues might well be relevant, same when terrible twosome replaces smug smaug and unbelievable unicorn replaces that

The problem we had between rabid rabbit being released and the forum name changing was people NOT testing assuming it was a specific support forum.

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: Saucy Authentication Problem

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    Cariboo907, I was simply stating that I am able to Login to tty1 Command Line Screen in Saucy, however I am NOT able to log into tty1 Command Line Screen in Raring, so I was just saying that this is supposed to be fixed in Saucy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast