Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suacy Salamander Release Schedule, Partial Upgrades and Common Questions

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Suacy Salamander Release Schedule, Partial Upgrades and Common Questions

This is where you will find the Saucy Salamander release schedule, as well as the answers to frequently asked questions.

Release Schedule

Cadence testing Schedule

If you are asked to do a partial upgrade, please read this first:

Partial upgrade

There always are many questions about what to do and how to do thngs during a release cycle:

Common problems

Warning: Unless you are willing to have a broken system, please make sure that that Pre-released updates are disabled in Software & Updates, as this repository is now used as a holding area while packages are waiting for dependencies to be built.

If you are looking for the Ubuntu Daily iso, have a look here:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/

As many of you may know we have created a U+1 testing team to do a better job of reporting bugs, and generally to make things better for all during the testing cycle. To that end, we have created a wiki where a lot of information regarding testing is available. You don't have to be a team member to be able to test , testing is open to everyone regardless of your experience level. That being said, to get the most possible feedback from your bug reports, check this out, before creating a bug report:

Create a good bug report

Here are some more useful links:

Trusty Changes Mailing List

Ubuntu Developers

Unity Design Discussion

U+1 Team chat

Talk to developers

Chat with other forum members

Edited: July 6/2012
    Last edited by cariboo; October 19th, 2013 at 05:29 AM. Reason: partial update - more to come

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Saucy Release Schedule, Partial Upgrades and Common Questions

I updated the Release Schedule, and added the Cadence Testing Schedule.

Beans
    Distro

So no Alpha's for plain old vanilla Ubuntu again right? Only 1 Beta and 1 Release Canditate? Just hope that the Nightly Builds work ok eventually, as we're off to a Rocky Start with today's Releases.
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

The schedule I looked at showed an Alpha late in June.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Yes, but that's the ubuntu variants (kubuntu/xubuntu/lubuntu) not the main version...notice it says "opt in flavors"...that is what it means

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Well, I dove in and installed the Ubuntu 5/21/13 daily build. I've applied updates yesterday and today. Everything smooth as silk so far. The only problem I've run into is that many of the apps I used in 13.04 (Mediterranean Theme, my-weather-indicator, indicator-sensors, etc.) I had to download the .deb files from the PPA's as they weren't set up for Saucy yet. Now I've got my fingers crossed for a reasonably smooth ride.

I guess these +1 threads must not get moving good until it gets closer to Alpaha build, maybe around July/August?
    Last edited by tdockery97; May 23rd, 2013 at 07:42 AM.
    HP 17 Notebook, 8GB DDR3, A10-APU ATI Radeon HD 8650G

Beans

Hmmm, I wonder if something is not borked with the Cadence schedule? There are places where we jump three weeks rather than two:

cadence_1.pngcadence_2.png

Sorry I couldn't get that all in one screen grab but I'm on a small screen ATM.

Weeks 1 thru 3 are each two weeks apart but then week 4 jumps ahead 3 weeks, then week 5 is again two weeks away.

Then week 6 comes again two weeks later, but week 7 comes 3 weeks later!!!!!!!

That is NOT Cadence!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's random! It's like how I pay my bills when I'm short on money!

Even the "opt-in" Release Schedule is a bit off because Alpha2 and Alpha3 are only two weeks apart wheras the rest of the schedule runs on four week intervals!

Sheesh, we're a mess and we haven't even really begun yet

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Interesting. And the last "daily" build is 5/21 and it's now 5/23.
    HP 17 Notebook, 8GB DDR3, A10-APU ATI Radeon HD 8650G

Beans
    Distro

My view, schedule should be influenced by what is available when, then every 6 months sweep up whatever is on the floor and put a ribbon around it....

Been kind of quiet lately on ubuntu saucy 32 & 64 so I'm trying out restricted extra's, lubuntu saucy 64, mint, peppermint, google-chrome, chromebook (relatively cheap, relatively fast (!) for what it can do), 7" and 9" tablets, ...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder if something is not borked with the Cadence schedule? There are places where we jump three weeks rather than two:

cadence_1.pngcadence_2.png

Sorry I couldn't get that all in one screen grab but I'm on a small screen ATM.

Weeks 1 thru 3 are each two weeks apart but then week 4 jumps ahead 3 weeks, then week 5 is again two weeks away.

Then week 6 comes again two weeks later, but week 7 comes 3 weeks later!!!!!!!

That is NOT Cadence!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's random! It's like how I pay my bills when I'm short on money!

Even the "opt-in" Release Schedule is a bit off because Alpha2 and Alpha3 are only two weeks apart wheras the rest of the schedule runs on four week intervals!

Sheesh, we're a mess and we haven't even really begun yet
    From what I remember in one of the vUDS sessions (memory has been verified by someone else now ) - the saucy schedule was 'built' a long time ago, it 'should' have been changed about to be like the raring one - but hasn't been yet from what I can see. I subscribed to the wiki as I'm waiting for the changes to appear myself.
    Last edited by Elfy; May 23rd, 2013 at 08:56 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast