Thread: Upgraded to 13.04 e-mail not working

Beans

Question Upgraded to 13.04 e-mail not working

I am a fairly new user of Ubuntu and just upgraded from 12.10 to 13.4 running alongside windows 7 on a toshiba laptop. Yahoo mail will open to in box. individual e-mails open and then close immediately before I can read. Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Beans

Re: Upgraded to 13.04 e-mail not working

I am also having problems with Yahoo Mail. I am running 13.04 on two machines, one desktop and one laptop. The desktop was upgraded from 12.10 and the laptop was a clean installation. I think the problem might be something to do with the webapp, as Yahoo mail was working fine on the laptop untill I agreed to install the Yahoo mail app when prompted to by Firefox. The desktop already had the app installed.

Any help would also be appreciated.

Beans

Hi bluesman501

I mentioned that I had a problem with the Yahoo webapp on another thread on my experience of upgrading to 13.04 and Tanker Bob suggested the following:

I disabled all webapps in Unity Tweak Tool and then Yahoo mail worked fine in Firefox. I then went into Synaptic and uninstalled unity-webapps-yahoomail. I re-enabled webapp prompts and now all is right with that world.

Our problem was with the yahoo mail webapp so if you have this installed this may work for you.

You will need to install these applications from the Ubuntu Software Centre if you do not have them installed, Unity Tweak Tool and Synaptic Package Manager.

Hope this works for you.

Beans

Turning off the unity desktop integration extension in Firefox also seems to enable Yahoo to display emails properly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Jenks141 View Post
    Hi bluesman501

I mentioned that I had a problem with the Yahoo webapp on another thread on my experience of upgrading to 13.04 and Tanker Bob suggested the following:

I disabled all webapps in Unity Tweak Tool and then Yahoo mail worked fine in Firefox. I then went into Synaptic and uninstalled unity-webapps-yahoomail. I re-enabled webapp prompts and now all is right with that world.

Our problem was with the yahoo mail webapp so if you have this installed this may work for you.

You will need to install these applications from the Ubuntu Software Centre if you do not have them installed, Unity Tweak Tool and Synaptic Package Manager.

Hope this works for you.
    Thanks for that Been annoying me since upgrading to Rabid Rabbit on two machines. Found that running Firefox in safe mode worked but let the adverts in
    Defaulted mainly to the Linux Mint machine*. Should have just used a different browser I suppose but Yahoo mail doesn't get on well with some of them and I have other accounts open in Chromium.

*An Asus laptop - it doesn't seem to like Ubuntu but Mint Nadia works well.

Observation: The site seems to think I am still using 12.10 ?
    Last edited by Myglaren; May 11th, 2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: An observation.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
    Toshiba Equuium 100A RR. Asus A54C Mint Nadia. Zoostorm desktop RR.
    Linux user # 456165. Ubuntu user # 19504.