Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu License needed

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Ubuntu License needed

Quote Originally Posted by iulian X View Post
    @castrojo
    I got the answer from Jono Bacon, it seems that there is no such a document, but will try to help me and send my email to Michelle
    Have a look at the Wikipedia page, you'll find a link labelled "Tipărire/exportare" that will let you download the information as a PDF file.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Hidden!

Its ok now, Isabel Roszkowski gave me a sign a document which as a Legal personality i can:

To provide services in Relation to Ubuntu, Including distribution, installation, support and maintenance.

Tahnks Ubuntu Team

Beans

Maybe they should upload that to their site somewhere in case others need it.

Beans
    Hidden!

You must have a small firm or be a Legal personality to receive such document .

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Col936 View Post
    I suggest that you switch ISP's, if applicable. If an ISP is monitoring your personal connection(To which they have no right), blaming YOU for downtime, and threatening to file a complaint against you for distributing free software when your neighbors are using pirated Windows and illegally torrenting files, then the BS meter is off the chart. If an ISP is that ignorant then they don't deserve your money at all, whatsoever. So if you can, switch ISP's, or if not, I wish you luck in this battle.
    Hi i am back, I am Iulian X
    I have not been logged in here for a long time so I used Ubuntu One account, i hope i can recover my old acount but if not il will use the new one.

Let me tell you what happened since then .
    I switch ISP company after a short period, recently the person in charge of the technical side was fired.
    A new person was hired, when i found out that I went there and talked to the new person about Ubuntu i even gave that new person a original 10.10 cd from the shipit program.

Now let me tell you about the other things i did since then.

I got in touch with a famous TV producer in Romania on his blog, I talked about Ubuntu.
    I talked about why I like Ubuntu and show Him how to use it, I told him about the strengths and weaknesses of Ubuntu.
    He is a Mac user but I learned with joy that his mother uses Ubuntu, and I asked him to present this system and within his show and did this repeatedly.

These are only 2 show there are a lot more:
    http://stirileprotv.ro/stiri/ilikeit...ideo-chat.html

http://stirileprotv.ro/stiri/ilikeit...-pe-stick.html

Continue to correspond with him and to present news from the world of Linux .
    Do me a proposal for release of all GNU phenomenon. And lets make a iLike IT.
    From now you're officially correspondent on all-things-linux on iLikeIT! How does it sound?
    I do not know if it is related ( may be not ) but shortly after those shows, a chain of stores offered for free to 159 schools in Romania 1749 functional notebooks ( Asus X101CH ) with Edubuntu on them, unfortunately I learned that the Ministry of Education began to wipe the Edubuntu system on those notebooks and install Windows .

We the members open source communities have opened a petition to prevent this but unfortunately we did not collect enough signatures, although the number of people using Ubuntu or Linux are thousands.

http://www.yousign.org/ro/Petiie-mpo...uBuntu-t-27185

I'll tell you a little secret, did you know that Microsoft has a " Achilles heel " and that is found in Romania?
    You know that the second spoken language at Microsoft after English is Romanian ?

It happens so because Romanian people are very clever at it, so Microsoft has a special interest in the recruit people from here ( Romania ).

Do you want to give a fatal blow to Microsoft?
    Convince the people from Romania to use ubuntu or start their own open source buisneses and shortly after that Microsoft will run out of people and enter in bankruptcy
    Perhaps i am joking or not

Did you now that the one of the precursors of cybernetics was a Romanian scientist caled Ştefan Odobleja?
    His major work, Psychologie consonantiste, first published in 1938 and 1939, in Paris, had established many of the major themes of cybernetics regarding cybernetics and systems thinking nine years before Norbert Wiener.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%9Etefan_Odobleja

A world without Romania

Last edited by iulian-cov; January 14th, 2014 at 02:34 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Interesting story. I probably have some Romanian blood.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by tgalati4 View Post
    Interesting story. I probably have some Romanian blood.
    I'm not 100% pure Romanian blood, one of the parents of my grandmother was Russian.

And my last family name sounds a litle bit Russian i dont now why

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by iulian-cov View Post
    I do not know if it is related ( may be not ) but shortly after those shows, a chain of stores offered for free to 159 schools in Romania 1749 functional notebooks ( Asus X101CH ) with Edubuntu on them, unfortunately I learned that the Ministry of Education began to wipe the Edubuntu system on those notebooks and install Windows .
    there should be a EU directive (maybe there already is) that would force the governments to use only open source as standard.

i mean replacing eudbuntu with windows is just crazy. and they were willing to pay for the licences? people seem to be ok with spendign money for not good reason
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    i mean replacing eudbuntu with windows is just crazy.
    Crazy ended because this thing may lead to stoping the campain of that private firm.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2199524

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by iulian-cov View Post
    I'll tell you a little secret, did you know that Microsoft has a " Achilles heel " and that is found in Romania?
    You know that the second spoken language at Microsoft after English is Romanian ?

It happens so because Romanian people are very clever at it, so Microsoft has a special interest in the recruit people from here ( Romania ).

Do you want to give a fatal blow to Microsoft?
    Convince the people from Romania to use ubuntu or start their own open source buisneses and shortly after that Microsoft will run out of people and enter in bankruptcy
    Perhaps i am joking or not

Did you now that the one of the precursors of cybernetics was a Romanian scientist caled Ştefan Odobleja?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%9Etefan_Odobleja

A world without Romania

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dZGDy45ZeI
    Oftopic:
    Have you ever been to Paris with someone you love ?
    Have you ever looked at Eiffel Tower for hours or did you got in it with your beloved ?
    Guess what, the steel and the tehnology that they used to built the Eiffel Tower came from Romania.
    In the late 1880s, steel produced at Reșița was sent to France to be used in building the Eiffel Tower.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re%C8%99i%C8%9Ba_works

Eiffel himself documented Pănculescu's contribution in his work titled 'Communication sur les travaux de la tour de 300 m' written in 1887.[2] The same technology was used by Eiffel in building the Eiffel Tower.[3] Gheorghe Pănculescu became the General Inspector of the CFR SA, the Romanian national train operator.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gheorgh...scu_(engineer)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast