Crunchbang
    FreeBSD
    Fuduntu (RIP)
    CentOS
    ArchBang
    LinuxBBQ (any version)
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: favourite distros

I am child-like in that I really like whatever distro I happen to be running at that particular time.
    To me, I think, 'this is the greatest distro since sliced bread.' Until I boot into a different one, then I go ' this is the greatest distro since the invention of the wheel.' And so on.
    Currently, as of this writing, it's Precise Pangolin.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I tend to agree I like the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS version right now. I prefer the LXDE (or Lubuntu) more so but I tend to flip flop the desktop environments. As for other distros I've played with CentOS and about pulled all my hair out as a noobie trying to learn to use it till a friend of mine told me to try Ubuntu. I've got enough knowledge now that I think I can float around trying different distros and be able to actually use them. So time to jump into the mix and try a few.
    Michael Nelson -=- AKA: Mopar1973Man

Beans

Arch is my current favorite. It's a rolling release and always has the latest and greatest without reinstalling the entire system every 6 months. You also get the fun of building your entire system from the ground up so you know exactly what is on there. You can also find pretty much anything you can dream of doing on the arch wiki too and in comprehensible language. You'd be surprised how hard that is to find sometimes with linux distros.
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans

^Exactly.
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

BACKTRACK

but that is because in anonymous

lol

Beans

Thanks everyone
    for all those great replies. I'm like a kid at christmas now wanting to try them all out. As for Arch linux I think I'm still a bit to green, but I would like to try it at some stage.

Well all these distro ideas will be keeping me busy for the next few years, lol

Thanks again

Beans

I used lots of ditro before, I came back to ubuntu finally, may be a little different, Xubuntu to be exactly. Ubuntu is a very friendly ditro in my experince.

Beans

Lubuntu 12.10, it just works perfect for what I need to do and without the screen tearing that I get on most other *buntu distros.

Beans

I just stick with Ubuntu or a compatible derivative. Just because of the sheer amount of software available even through stuff like PPAs. So it makes it easy. I'm waiting for Maui OS, it's the only distro that seems to have truly innovative ideas. No API and ABI breakages, EVERYONE has the exact same base system, software comes in bundles, so no dependency breakages, and a Wayland desktop with a very nice design, seeing the mockups, and lots of other innovative stuff.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast