Ubuntu Development Release

Re: how to change repos to Saucy

Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    +1! +1! +1!

Look at the release notes:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SReleaseSchedule

May 2nd; toolchain uploaded!

Look at your calendar!
    As I said above, I'm only checking out the process for educational purposes. Why so agitated about a few people trying to see it unfold? I've been doing this for years, am well familiar with the pacing, and have no expectations of anything real happening for some time. I won't be surprised or bothered if/when it blows up in my face. But I am curious to see the early days of how the repos populate with the new stuff and all. In a word, it's just fun. Please don't worry about it.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

+1! +1! +1!

Look at the release notes:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SReleaseSchedule

May 2nd; toolchain uploaded!

Look at your calendar!
    For raring most of the toolchain and first updates went up waaaaaaay ahead of the provisional dates given on the release schedule.

Saucy even has it's first kernel upload already as part of it: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/saucy/+...inux/3.9.0-0.1

so things are moving. Obviously not completely there, but they are moving.
    Last edited by JMB74; April 26th, 2013 at 05:38 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    As I said above, I'm only checking out the process for educational purposes. Why so agitated about a few people trying to see it unfold? I've been doing this for years, am well familiar with the pacing, and have no expectations of anything real happening for some time. I won't be surprised or bothered if/when it blows up in my face. But I am curious to see the early days of how the repos populate with the new stuff and all. In a word, it's just fun. Please don't worry about it.
    How do you consider my comments to reflect "agitation"?

I'm simply pointing out actual facts. The new toolchain has NOT yet been uploaded, how is pointing that out a sign of "agitation"?

Beans
    Distro

How do you consider my comments to reflect "agitation"?

I'm simply pointing out actual facts. The new toolchain has NOT yet been uploaded, how is pointing that out a sign of "agitation"?
    How did I consider your comments to reflect "agitation"! I don't know! Perhaps it was the repeated "+1! +1! +1!". Or the "read your schedule!" In short, I think it had something to do with your excited use of exclamation points! !!!

Beans
    Distro

Thumbs up Re: how to change repos to Saucy

My Mirror: The Argonne National Labratory, is Fully Up To Date with the latest Saucy-Proposed Archives. I should also note that I am doing all the Testing on my NON-Primary Systems at the moment and have been putting my systems to sleep rather than shutting them down. I should also note that Technically I consider my Sprint Apple IPhone 5 my Primary System since it's 6 GB Personal Hotspot provides the 4G LTE Data Connection to all of my other toys. As a result I Technically consider all of my Personal Computers as NON-Primary Systems, as I most often use my IPhone 5 to surf the Net.
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Is that from a Raring or Saucy installation?
    Saucy with Raring security repos enabled.

ventrical@ventrical-PY028AA-ABA-A1106N:~$ lsb_release -a
    No LSB modules are available.
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu Saucy Salamander (development branch)
    Release: 13.10
    Codename: saucy
    ventrical@ventrical-PY028AA-ABA-A1106N:~$
    Last edited by ventrical; April 26th, 2013 at 06:07 PM.

Beans
    Distro

+1

I mean that's why we are here in this echo (which will soon be renamed U+1)

It's always good to stay ahead of the curve, even if they are only vanilla and infrastructure base files. As far as I am concerned, in reference to Raring Ringtail Release, it's history. I got to move past it.

Beans
    Distro

How did I consider your comments to reflect "agitation"! I don't know! Perhaps it was the repeated "+1! +1! +1!". Or the "read your schedule!" In short, I think it had something to do with your excited use of exclamation points! !!!

I agree, some people here are sounding Alarm Bells for no particular reason at all.
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans
    Distro

Beans
    Distro

It used to be weeks before we could use :

lsb_release -a

To reflect the new cycle. This time it was up the next day after the end of a cycle release. I am all for being enthusiastic and excited about this new release. I'm not going to curb my enthusiasm. Then it's no fun at all and we don't discover anything and we don't get to see our machines get borked..

zzzzzzz

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast