VERSION="13.10, Saucy Salamander"
    ID=ubuntu
    ID_LIKE=debian
    PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu Saucy Salamander (development branch)"
    VERSION_ID="13.10"
    HOME_URL="http://www.ubuntu.com/"
    SUPPORT_URL="http://help.ubuntu.com/"
    BUG_REPORT_URL="http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/"
    I'm not so much in a rush about updates, and I won't go overboard in the bleeding edge PPA's and packages. But I do think Canonical knows that the "rolling release" model has gotten popular enough in the linux community that they might make the development branch stabler. The success of my theory will be if my computer survives this release cycle from start to finish.

I felt that the rolling release model is the most daunting - but very idealized - model in the linux world. Many linux users desire this model to point that they use Arch and other distros regardless of the hours they have to maintain them. If Canonical really thinks they can make their development release better and stabler than those alternatives, this cycle will be judgment of that. Don't get me wrong though - I'm still here to test this new release nonetheless.

Just my thoughts...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: how to change repos to Saucy

All this saucy talk has got me all of a dither. Before I knew it I was entering those 3 commands. I just could not help it. I don't know what came over me.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    All this saucy talk has got me all of a dither. Before I knew it I was entering those 3 commands. I just could not help it. I don't know what came over me.
    Hey, you're only human.

Beans
    Distro

Thumbs up Re: how to change repos to Saucy

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    You are an Ubuntu rockstar man !
    Thank You Ventrical for those kind words. Most of the time people consider me a Pest due to my Mental Disorder, and the fact that I sometimes can NOT control my Temper, and other times Butt-In to things that are none of my Business.

i plan to test the first Milestone Mainline Kernel that comes out for Saucy as well.
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Once I heard what it was called I couldn't help myself

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by cflow View Post
    I just updated, "proposed" updates disabled. It looks like I'm now in too:

I'm not so much in a rush about updates, and I won't go overboard in the bleeding edge PPA's and packages. But I do think Canonical knows that the "rolling release" model has gotten popular enough in the linux community that they might make the development branch stabler. The success of my theory will be if my computer survives this release cycle from start to finish.

I felt that the rolling release model is the most daunting - but very idealized - model in the linux world. Many linux users desire this model to point that they use Arch and other distros regardless of the hours they have to maintain them. If Canonical really thinks they can make their development release better and stabler than those alternatives, this cycle will be judgment of that. Don't get me wrong though - I'm still here to test this new release nonetheless.

Just my thoughts...
    That's an excellent submission.

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro

hehehahe .. I actually had a dream about salamanders last night. Geesh .. boy oh boy !! I'm telling ya ..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    How did I consider your comments to reflect "agitation"! I don't know! Perhaps it was the repeated "+1! +1! +1!". Or the "read your schedule!" In short, I think it had something to do with your excited use of exclamation points! !!!

The three "+1's" were because grahammechanical made three great points.

And I did NOT say, "read your schedule"! I said, "Look at the release notes", which indicates that the toolchain comes up May 2nd followed by, "Look at your calendar", meaning that it's not yet May 2nd.

But if some of you want to be deluded thinking you're using an early Saucy just knock yourselves out. OTOH I'd ask what you were doing when a few of us were sweating blood testing the final iso images and upgrades?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    The three "+1's" were because grahammechanical made three great points.

And I did NOT say, "read your schedule"! I said, "Look at the release notes", which indicates that the toolchain comes up May 2nd followed by, "Look at your calendar", meaning that it's not yet May 2nd.

But if some of you want to be deluded thinking you're using an early Saucy just knock yourselves out. OTOH I'd ask what you were doing when a few of us were sweating blood testing the final iso images and upgrades?

We were testing our hides off and hanging out at q&a has never been proof to indicate otherwise.
    Last edited by ventrical; April 26th, 2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: changed asses to hides .. per etiquette :)

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast