Thread: Ubuntu Crash's Everytime i try to run Network Commands as Root (Sudo) rMBP

Beans

Exclamation Ubuntu Crash's Everytime i try to run Network Commands as Root (Sudo) rMBP

My Ubuntu is Crashing everytime i try to run a network command in root mode or sudu.

Otherwise the os runs fine. I'm running the Latest amd64 Bleeding Edge Version of Ubuntu.

Examples:

sudo iwconfig: Crash's to black screen everytime
    iwconfig: works fine

I've tried other commands in Sudo mode and they also crash the OS requiring a reboot.
    Here is the error screen i get when the OS Crash's. I'm sorry about it's size.

I have a 15" Retina MacBook Pro and installed ubuntu using THIS guide

Any help would be appreciated. I really need to run network commands in root/sudo mode and really need to get this fixed.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu Crash's Everytime i try to run Network Commands as Root (Sudo) rMBP

Quote Originally Posted by jasonelmore View Post
    I have a 15" Retina MacBook Pro and installed ubuntu using THIS guide
    That guide is clearly for the pre-release versions of 13.04, now that it is officially released you should only be using the standard download.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dcstar View Post
    That guide is clearly for the pre-release versions of 13.04, now that it is officially released you should only be using the standard download.
    Thanks for the reply.

Is there anyway to convert to the standard version without doing a complete uninstall and reinstall?

Also do you think the crash's would stop?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dcstar View Post

Installed the Latest Version from Ubuntu Website today, and i still get a automatic crash when doing any sort of Network Commands using Sudo.

Any help would be appreciated. (i'm betting it has to do with Retina Macbook Pro Drivers)

Can someone point me in the right direction of how i might update them or if that would even help? thanks

Last edited by jasonelmore; May 1st, 2013 at 04:33 AM.

Beans

Bumping 10char

Beans

seems to be similar to this, sorry I don't know if there is a resolution

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/1159232