Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 13.04 Upgrade!

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 13.04 Upgrade!

Wifi works poorly after the upgrade on my Serval Professional (ser-p7). It is intermittent and goes out frequently, and the only way I've found to reconnect is to reboot the machine. A window pops up as shown here http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6609/badwifi.png, but clicking the connect button doesn't do any good. I run a lot of automated scripts on here that need a reliable internet connection, so this is a show stopper for me until it's fixed. I've never had a problem with it before, and I've already tried the "restore" function on the 3.2.7 driver, which didn't do any good. I've had to reboot it twice in the last 24 hours to restore the connection.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Does this happen for you only on battery, or is it happening while the system is plugged in too?
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by isantop View Post
    Does this happen for you only on battery, or is it happening while the system is plugged in too?
    It's only happened so far twice when it's plugged in, but i just upgraded about 24 hours ago. Of course it hasn't happened since I posted about it. I'm hoping maybe it was just a fluke somehow.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DVDFortyTwo View Post
    It's only happened so far twice when it's plugged in, but i just upgraded about 24 hours ago. Of course it hasn't happened since I posted about it. I'm hoping maybe it was just a fluke somehow.
    It's happened two more times in the last 48 hours, so I doubt it's a fluke anymore.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Is it happening with the system is plugged in, or only when it's on battery?
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by isantop View Post
    Is it happening with the system is plugged in, or only when it's on battery?
    It's happened so far when I've had it plugged in. It hasn't happened while on battery yet, but I haven't had it on battery very much either recently.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This sounds like a failing wireless card to me. You'll want to open a support ticket on our website to get a replacement.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by fredsea View Post
    Well, that was a bummer! I ran the Ubuntu upgrade option on my Lemur, and when the system tried to reboot it came up with a "file not found" error and that's the end of the boot No further info showing (at best, I got a grub menu and choosing "ubuntu" brought the "error: file not found.hit any key to continue" message - hitting any key did not produce any visible effect). Obviously, I'll have to do a fresh install, as I don't even know how to identify what file might be missing in the first place (and I don't se how I could find that out, even by booting from a live CD/DVD). I'll do that as soon as I get an ISO of 13.04, AND I have the time, but it would be nice if there was a simple solution...
    Just wanted to add that reinstalling from a 13.04 DVD I opted to "reinstall" the 13.04 version that was already on disk (and which would not boot as described in the original message), and this time things went fine, including preserving both the /home part of the file system and keeping all applications that were added to 12.10 via apt.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I own a Leopard-extreme. Ubuntu12.04 works perfect on it, but when I try to either upgrade or direct install to 12.10 or 13.04, I receive the following message on boot up:

EDAC sbridge: ECC is disabled. Aborting
    EDAC sbridge: Couldn't find mci handler

Is this something I need to worry about? For now i'm sticking with 12.04 until I can fine an answer to what is causing this.

Beans

Hello,

I have recently purchased a System 76 lemur ultra with Ubuntu installed.
    All seemed to work fine. Today I have decided to upgrade to 13.04. It also seemed
    to work seamlessly, but after rebooting, the login page has my login, but does not
    accept my previous password. How can I solve that problem?

Thanks,

Denis

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast