Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu.com redesign

Ubuntu.com redesign

As some might have noticed ubuntu.com has had a redesign, including the top navigation menu. Community seems to have been lost in the update and there is feeling it should be restored. A bug has been created, and while not specifically forum community, it is wider community none the less.

The bug report can be found here , if you feel you are affected by this bug then please click the affects me too link. Please do not comment unless you have something "useful or new to add" to the report. Posting "Me too" is not that helpful. Thank you
    Last edited by s.fox; April 25th, 2013 at 02:17 PM.

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Re: Ubuntu.com redesign

What about a "me too" bump

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

I think it's great to see community pushes for bug fixes. It seems like this method is going to be effective.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    I think it's great to see community pushes for bug fixes. It seems like this method is going to be effective.
    I think the forum is an excellent platform to make the community aware of community related bugs on launchpad.

prodigy_ is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans

Working as intended. Canonical stopped caring about the community ca.2009 so it's about time they made this change.

I'm not gloating BTW. It's all somewhat sad actually. But people need to realize that moving on isn't such a bad thing.

Beans

Canonical stopped caring about the community ca.2009
    Nonsense.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

So is this now officially Bug #2?
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

The bug has been marked as Won't Fix without a follow up comment.

I believe it is time to make the community presence known. Please do have a look at the bug.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by s.fox View Post
    As some might have noticed ubuntu.com has had a redesign, including the top navigation menu. Community seems to have been lost in the update and there is feeling it should be restored. A bug has been created, and while not specifically forum community, it is wider community none the less.

The bug report can be found here , if you feel you are affected by this bug then please click the affects me too link. Please do not comment unless you have something "useful or new to add" to the report. Posting "Me too" is not that helpful. Thank you
    +1 million

Ubuntu: "I am because we are".

This affects all of us. We have the products PC, tablet, phone to support the community. Not the community to support the products

Not only clicked "affects me too" but left a long comment.

Edit: fully agree that "+1" and "Me too" comments should not be added. Read the comments that are there already and only add a comment if you feel it contributes something new to the argument.
    Last edited by Warren Hill; April 25th, 2013 at 10:28 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by s.fox View Post
    The bug has been marked as Won't Fix without a follow up comment.

I believe it is time to make the community presence known. Please do have a look at the bug.
    Definitely upsetting but not surprising. I think it's time the "community" understands its real position in the scheme of things.

"but I am not interesting in having a discussion with irrational people" sort of is a pointer.

I haven't contributed at all to "Ubuntu" but my sympathies are with those members of the community who have done so selflessly over the years..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast