Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Web Designers become obselete?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Will Web Designers become obselete?

Do you think web-building sites will eventually replace web designers?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Will Web Designers become obselete?

Nah someone has to maintain the web-site, or some kind of customization for the site they want.
    The Answer Please if at all Possible

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

as someone who makes his own web pages in a text editor, don't like thoes site builders, they always seem lacking; i want full control of my pages
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by pqwoerituytrueiwoq View Post
    as someone who makes his own web pages in a text editor, don't like thoes site builders, they always seem lacking; i want full control of my pages
    I agree. They do seem too generic, as though they're trying to appeal to a relatively limited, pre-set audience. More fun to design one's own anyway.
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I think the notion of web page will change over time. It's already happening with apps on mobile phones. I'm not sure what will replace the web page. If you look at music/video we went through several technologies of content delivery until physical media was replaced by streaming to an app. Magazines are going that way as well. Many companies are using social networks to connect with customers--not needing a corporate web page--but using facebook, twitter, etc.

With the growth of cloud services and content management systems, the notion of designing a web page already seems outdated.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yes and no. Web designers as we know it will become obsolete, replaced by Java-script Ninjas building interactive single page applications that run in your browser.

Beans

People working with coding and/or design skills in the context of some kind of server shoving some kind of content out into the ether for some kind of device to access/interpret will likely exist for some time.

For anything more specific than that, please consult The Essential Prophecies and Horoscopes of Nostrodamus, Vol. I-IV

PS. You will meet a tall dark handsome stranger or amiable blonde with self-esteem issues. You will come into some money. You will be arrested for performing a lewd act. The act in question will be Romeo and Juliet Act I, which was quite racy for its day. In fact, it was considered so racy that no children under the age of 18 were allowed into the Globe theatre to see it unless they were accompanied by a wise-woman. Wise-men were also initially considered by the Privy Council but were ultimately deemed to be in too short supply, then as now.
    Last edited by iamkuriouspurpleoranj; April 24th, 2013 at 05:09 AM.

Beans

There have been WYSIWYG web page builders available for almost two decades, and the job market for web developers is still strong.

Greater use of pre-built templates may mean less front end work in the future, but the market for back end developers should continue to grow due to the increased polish and functionality expected on modern web pages. Also, no matter how good the site builders get, there will always be clients who want to differentiate themselves by having a custom built site.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

WYSIWYG web editors make my eyes bleed. I remember using them back when Frontpage was around and now most hosting companies have some sort of template system, but they usually turn the code into garbage.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by iamkuriouspurpleoranj View Post
    For anything more specific than that, please consult The Essential Prophecies and Horoscopes of Nostrodamus, Vol. I-IV

PS. You will meet a tall dark handsome stranger or amiable blonde with self-esteem issues. You will come into some money. You will be arrested for performing a lewd act. The act in question will be Romeo and Juliet Act I, which was quite racy for its day. In fact, it was considered so racy that no children under the age of 18 were allowed into the Globe theatre to see it unless they were accompanied by a wise-woman. Wise-men were also initially considered by the Privy Council but were ultimately deemed to be in too short supply, then as now.
    lol, good one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast