Thread: 12.10 Software Center Requires installation of untrusted packages

Threaded View

Beans

12.10 Software Center Requires installation of untrusted packages

I've been having major problems lately with the Ubuntu Software Center. Every time I try to install something, I get the message "Requires installation of untrusted packages" and gives me the options "ok" and "repair". If I click "ok", then the installation aborts and nothing happens. If I click "repair" I get the message "Failed to download repository information" with these details:
    Code:
    W:Failed to fetch http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/di...ty/Release.gpg  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.ubuntu.com:http' (-5 - No address associated with hostname),
     W:Failed to fetch cdrom://Ubuntu 12.10 _Quantal Quetzal_ - Release amd64 (20121017.5)/dists/quantal/main/binary-amd64/Packages  Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
    , W:Failed to fetch cdrom://Ubuntu 12.10 _Quantal Quetzal_ - Release amd64 (20121017.5)/dists/quantal/restricted/binary-amd64/Packages  Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
    , W:Failed to fetch cdrom://Ubuntu 12.10 _Quantal Quetzal_ - Release amd64 (20121017.5)/dists/quantal/main/binary-i386/Packages  Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
    , W:Failed to fetch cdrom://Ubuntu 12.10 _Quantal Quetzal_ - Release amd64 (20121017.5)/dists/quantal/restricted/binary-i386/Packages  Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
    , E:Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 64-Bit. I've tried solutions for older versions of Ubuntu without success. Anyone else having the same issue or know how to resolve this?
    Last edited by matt_symes; April 22nd, 2013 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Added code tags for readability