Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wifi randomly disconnects and reconnects on Windows 8 laptop with Ubuntu 12.10

Beans

Re: Wifi randomly disconnects and reconnects on Windows 8 laptop with Ubuntu 12.10

It's now been right under 2 hours and no sign of disconnection. This seems to have helped it, so far. Could you tell me what those 3 lines of code represented and did so I know for learning purposes? Thank you much!

Beans

Re: Wifi randomly disconnects and reconnects on Windows 8 laptop with Ubuntu 12.10

I just now tried to downloaded an app from the Software Center and wifi disconnected for the first time since using the terminal but it reconnected right away.

Beans

It now won't hold a decent connection at all. I moved the router out from behind our TV and maybe now it will work better but I doubt that's the problem because our phones and xbox connect no problem. I'm even able to walk down the street nearby and have a good signal.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Hi, glad it helped!

The code disables hardware encryption and switches it to software encryption and in many cases improves the signal as well as stops disconnects.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12