Thread: Ldap installation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ldap installation

Hi friends I am try to learn LDAP and samba installation on ubuntu 12.04 I got you tube video tutorial and i follwed the instruction that he give to me but when I to add samba user in PHPLDAPADMIN commit button is not enabled I followed this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzpzQNU-Iuc

Code:
       1   apt-get install slapd ldap-utils

2 dpkg-reconfigure slapd

no  

ubi.com

users

password
     enteragain

hdb

yes
      no  
     no

here  we need to enter the passwords  and desission 

3 apt-get install apache2 smbldap-tools

4 apt-get install phpldapadmin  

crate file backend.ldif  and paste the following and rename your password  

# Load dynamic backend modules dn: cn=module,cn=config objectClass: olcModuleList cn: module olcModulepath: /usr/lib/ldap olcModuleload: back_hdb.la # Database settings dn: olcDatabase=hdb,cn=config objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig objectClass: olcHdbConfig olcDatabase: {1}hdb olcSuffix: dc=example,dc=com olcDbDirectory: /var/lib/ldap olcRootDN: cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com olcRootPW: secret olcDbConfig: set_cachesize 0 2097152 0 olcDbConfig: set_lk_max_objects 1500 olcDbConfig: set_lk_max_locks 1500 olcDbConfig: set_lk_max_lockers 1500 olcDbIndex: objectClass eq olcLastMod: TRUE olcDbCheckpoint: 512 30 olcAccess: to attrs=userPassword by dn="cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com" write by anonymous auth by self write by * none olcAccess: to attrs=shadowLastChange by self write by * read olcAccess: to dn.base="" by * read olcAccess: to * by dn="cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com" write by * read
    crate file frontend.ldif and paste the following and rename your password
    Code:

# Create top-level object in domain dn: dc=example,dc=com objectClass: top objectClass: dcObject objectclass: organization o: Example Organization dc: Example description: LDAP Example   # Admin user. dn: cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: simpleSecurityObject objectClass: organizationalRole cn: admin description: LDAP administrator userPassword: secret  dn: ou=people,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: organizationalUnit ou: people  dn: ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: organizationalUnit ou: groups  dn: uid=john,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: inetOrgPerson objectClass: posixAccount objectClass: shadowAccount uid: john sn: Doe givenName: John cn: John Doe displayName: John Doe uidNumber: 1000 gidNumber: 10000 userPassword: password gecos: John Doe loginShell: /bin/bash homeDirectory: /home/john shadowExpire: -1 shadowFlag: 0 shadowWarning: 7 shadowMin: 8 shadowMax: 999999 shadowLastChange: 10877 mail: john.doe@example.com postalCode: 31000 l: Toulouse o: Example mobile: +33 (0)6 xx xx xx xx homePhone: +33 (0)5 xx xx xx xx title: System Administrator postalAddress:  initials: JD  dn: cn=example,ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: posixGroup cn: example gidNumber: 10000
    sudo ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f backend.ldif sudo ldapadd -x -D cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com -W -f frontend.ldif now you can login to page using credential to the ldap and download the file http://sourceforge.net/projects/ldap...ror=hivelocity extract it and copy the 7 file with out in terminal go the directory were the file extracted and make command copy the mkntpwd to /usr/local/bin apt-get install samba samba-doc cd /usr/share/doc/samba-doc/examples/LDAP gunzip samba.schema.gz cp samba.schema /etc/ldap/schema First, create a conversion schema_convert.conf file containing the following lines:
    include /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema include /etc/ldap/schema/collective.schema include /etc/ldap/schema/corba.schema include /etc/ldap/schema/cosine.schema include /etc/ldap/schema/duaconf.schema include /etc/ldap/schema/dyngroup.schema include /etc/ldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema include /etc/ldap/schema/java.schema include /etc/ldap/schema/misc.schema include /etc/ldap/schema/nis.schema include /etc/ldap/schema/openldap.schema include /etc/ldap/schema/ppolicy.schema include /etc/ldap/schema/samba.schema
    Next, create a temporary directory to hold the output: mkdir /tmp/ldif_output slapcat -f schema_convert.conf -F /tmp/ldif_output -n0 -s "cn={12}samba,cn=schema,cn=config" > /tmp/cn=samba.ldif sudo ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f /etc/ldap/schema/cn=samba.ldif Now you can sea that samba is enabled on the webpage then need to install this too apt-get install samba samba-client smbfs smbclient
    https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/server...amba-ldap.html

this link give me the code with out typing from watching the video .....

I am bigner in ldap configuration that may be the problem persist for me . I need configuration help form well know knowledge person in ldap configuration . If you can ,please Rectify the above code and the video that i notified here I expecting all yours effort for me to learn this topic .dont hesitate to replay I lost 20 day for this topic that y i asking to you all ...
    Last edited by Rakeshvijayan; April 19th, 2013 at 04:45 AM.
    you can learn what is computer ubuntu is the best way .I start learning ubuntu in 2-1-2010 .start with UBUNTU 9 now using 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ldap installation

any body have successes tutorial about the ldap with samba ?
    you can learn what is computer ubuntu is the best way .I start learning ubuntu in 2-1-2010 .start with UBUNTU 9 now using 12.04