Thread: Help me replace cupsd.conf

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Help me replace cupsd.conf

Hello,

I've been getting system errors involving cupsd.conf. I assume this is the result of some tweak I must have done to cupsd.conf. Can someone help me replace mine with a default version? Or is that not a good idea? Thanks for input...
    Last edited by strange_cathect; April 14th, 2013 at 12:14 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Help me replace cupsd.conf

Can you access the web interface of CUPS at the http://localhost:631 address in your browser? It also would be helpful if you show what system errors you're getting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Help me replace cupsd.conf

Many Linux applications will generate a new configuration file if there is not an existing one when the application starts and so I suggest you rename the existing configuration file to see if this happens:
    Code:
    sudo mv /etc/cups/cupsd.conf /etc/cups/cupsd.conf_old
    Then reboot the PC and if you take a look at /etc/cups/ you will hopefully see that a new cupsd.conf file has been generated. Configure this file as required, either through the various GUIs or directly with a text editor.

If a new file has not been automatically generated then take a look in the /etc/cups/ directory again and you may find a file called "cupsd.conf.default" which could be copied manually and then renamed as "cupsd.conf":
    Code:
    sudo cp /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.default /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
    Reboot and configure as before.