Thread: Sound Problems with Chrome Browser under Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Beans

Sound Problems with Chrome Browser under Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

I am running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with both the Chrome browser (version 26.0.1410.43) and the Firefox browser (version 20.0). Recently when viewing videos under Chrome, the audio has been raspy and hard to understand. But when I listen to a streaming radio station the audio is smooth and easy to listen to. When I view a video under Firefox again the audio is smooth, not raspy.

I have disabled pulse audio and replaced it with esound. I also have been getting notification that "Google no longer supports this version of Ubuntu"; this may be the answer to the problem.

I've run "ps -A" when each browser is up and running, but I can find no difference in the list of processes.

Can anyone suggest a technique or command that will point me to the differences in the audio between the two browsers?

Thanks.

George

Beans

Re: Sound Problems with Chrome Browser under Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

~
    Last edited by ahallubuntu; June 25th, 2013 at 09:59 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Sound Problems with Chrome Browser under Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Quote Originally Posted by decatur-linux View Post
    I am running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with both the Chrome browser (version 26.0.1410.43) and the Firefox browser (version 20.0). Recently when viewing videos under Chrome, the audio has been raspy and hard to understand. ...
    I'm too experiencing somewhat garbled sound when viewing YouTube videos with the latest Chrome on Lubuntu 12.10. Doing the same in Firefox is fine possibly because Firefox uses an older version of Flash.

Anyway, you should update your OS for various reasons. Take your time to decide which flavor of Ubuntu you wish to install because things have changed quite a bit
    Shortened urls: See point #11 here. And clicking on them could be risky.