Thread: Follow-up to ps-DooM?

Beans

Follow-up to ps-DooM?

I was browsing Reddit, minding my own matters when someone linked me to this http://www.cs.unm.edu/~dlchao/flake/doom/, after reading I was absolutely stunned, I know we've all thought about something like this, I know I've wanted to shoot several unresponsive processes in the face with a BFG over the years

why is no one working on this, I mean this may just be the coolest idea ever, hell you do this with Day-Z and every sys admin I know is going to lock themselves in their office and never come out, help requests could be posted on a message board that the admin picks up and then goes to troubleshoot (or simply shoot) the program that has once more frozen, I mean I know a lot of coding projects get abandoned but I am legitimately saddened by this one not being maintained, this is fraggin awesome
    Last edited by EliteNeophyte; April 11th, 2013 at 02:51 AM.

Beans

Re: Okay, Why has no one made a follow-up to ps-DooM?

This is one of those gimmicky things that is awesome for a while but the novelty wears off quite quickly. It's not really useful in the real world either. Nothing's stopping you from adopting the project though.
    Full time open source software developer. Projects:
    Wakame-vdc: Virtual data center. Community: Wakame Users Group
    OpenVNet: Virtual networking using OpenFlow
    Sinatra-browse: Parameter declaration framework and browsable API for ruby Sinatra.

Beans

Re: Okay, Why has no one made a follow-up to ps-DooM?

Quote Originally Posted by Metallion View Post
    This is one of those gimmicky things that is awesome for a while but the novelty wears off quite quickly. It's not really useful in the real world either. Nothing's stopping you from adopting the project though.
    This ^^