Thread: Copy code from webpage to Ubuntu server?

Beans

Copy code from webpage to Ubuntu server?

Completely new to Ubuntu and having several silly, new user, problems. This is the current one.

Situation:
    I am installing and configuring Ubuntu Server 10.4 LTS for various test environments, and teaching myself the CLI. I am doing a lot of online learning and using a ton of tutorials, etc...
    One of the things I am encountering is that a lot of the guides and tutorials suggest copying code (Often times a lot of code) from the webpage into terminal, or more frequently, into config files. Obviously this work is being done on another computer with a GUI so that I can actually see the embedded code.

Question:
    Since I'm using Server (For many reasons), and have no GUI (Nor want one), and have nothing but terminal web browsing, how should I go about getting my hands on the code copied and pasted in to the CLI or into nano and the like?

I have done this with Linux with GUI, and the obvious choice is a graphical web browser, but that would require a GUI, No?

Just really confused as to how server admins get their hands on code from places on the web (Like this site) without a GUI.

Help?

Beans

Re: Copy code from webpage to Ubuntu server?

If you log into the server via ssh from your other (GUI) computer then you should be able to just copy-paste into the remote server CLI from the local browser

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Copy code from webpage to Ubuntu server?

use wget to download the page?

use lynx or w3m to browse in a terminal?