Thread: Touchpad on Acer Aspire One has stopped working

Beans

Touchpad on Acer Aspire One has stopped working

It was working just fine when I first installed Ubuntu, tracked and scrolled and left/right-clicked like a good little pad should, turned off when I hit Fn+F7 and back on again when I hit same. But now, it's completely nonresponsive, and hitting Fn+F7 makes the little indicator on the screen pop up, but it never reacts regardless of whether or not it is supposedly on.

USB mouse and wacom bamboo tablet both work fine.

It's an Acer Aspire One D270-F61C/KF running Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin. This is my very first Linux install, so I'm still pretty newbish. Short words and handholding, please!

Beans

Re: Touchpad on Acer Aspire One has stopped working

Thoughts? Could anyone tell me of any tests/commands I can run in terminal to start figuring out what the problem is?

It stopped working some time after I bought the netbook and installed Ubuntu, but I don't know exactly when: I had it turned off with fn-f7 while I was working with the usb mouse so I wouldn't brush it accidentally, and hadn't bothered turning it back on for a couple of days, during which time I've done any number of installations and updates (new computer, new install, first time linux user, LOTS of tweaks and troubleshooting to do). When I did try, it didn't work, and I have no idea which, if any, of the various things I've done to this compy have made the touchpad decide to quit.

Beans

Re: Touchpad on Acer Aspire One has stopped working

I had the same problem for a month. I solved it yesterday be removing the battery for some time and install it again.