Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Setting up Ubuntu server - Questions

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Setting up Ubuntu server - Questions

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerX9 View Post
    Now I have tried installing with the partition stuff both manually and with the LVM things and it seems to go faster during the rest of the installation when I choose to setup manually. Do I need the LVM stuff?
    Personal choice imo. If you aren't adding drives often you can do fine without LVM. I don't use it on my server because it added more complexity for me.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Well I think I found out whats wrong. One of the three disks are f.... cause everytime that disk in involved somehow everything slows down so I have now left it unformatted and see if it improves. If I can complete the installation now then I'll remove it.

Beans
    Distro

Just got through the installation like 20X faster than last time I completed it. And booted and ready to login in less than a minute compared to last time with up to 10minutes Yeahh! So far so good!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Sounds like a plan. Was the drive just dead or was it having issues with reads/writes?
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro

I don't really know that yet. Probably read/write problems cause thats the disk I used yesterday when I was experiencing the problems with everything going slow. After lots of failure installations I figured out that one drive was causing it because the installation went fast at those times I didnt include it. I think its working, but not here. I might use it on a windows computer or something

Thanks for the help by the way. I will sure need help again cause I'm still a newbie with linux

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345