Thread: results from today's update, upgrade, dist-upgrade

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question results from today's update, upgrade, dist-upgrade

My daily normal practice is in the title. And information box popped up
    Data files for some packages could not be downloaded

The following packages requested additional data downloads after package installation, but the data could not be downloaded or could not be processed.

flashplugin-installer

This is a permanent failure that leaves these packages unusable on your system. You may need to fix your Internet connection, then remove and reinstall the packages to fix this problem. I did,however, leave the information box opened for the remainder of the process - possibly the warnings below were a result.
    The process continued to other packages which seemingly invalidates the 'fix internet connection' - the remainder of the message is a bit ambiguous; I performed apt-get install flashplugin-installer which reported that I had the most recent. the process continued - during dist-upgrade I received this:
    Setting up modemmanager(0.6.0.0.really-0ubuntu5) ...
    modemmanager start/running, process9227
    Setting up software-center(5.6.0-0ubuntu2) ...
    Updating software catalog...this maytake a moment.
    INFO:softwarecenter.db.pkginfo_impl.aptcache:aptca che.open()

WARNING:softwarecenter.db.update:Thefile:'/usr/share/app-install/desktop/sonic-visualiser:x-sonicvisualiser.desktop'could not be read correctly. The application associated with thisfile will not be included in the software catalog. Please considerraising a bug report for this issue with the maintainer of thatapplication

flashplugin-installer
    WARNING:softwarecenter.db.update:Thefile: '/usr/share/app-install/desktop/workrave:workrave.desktop'could not be read correctly. The application associated with thisfile will not be included in the software catalog. Please considerraising a bug report for this issue with the maintainer of thatapplication

WARNING:softwarecenter.db.update:Thefile:'/usr/share/app-install/desktop/sonic-visualiser:x-sonicvisualiser-layer.desktop'could not be read correctly. The application associated with thisfile will not be included in the software catalog. Please considerraising a bug report for this issue with the maintainer of thatapplication
    I spot checked the software center it opened and presented software packages. My system appears 'normal' . Reissuing apt-get upgrade and dist-upgrade resulted in no warnings.

Anyone else have similar results?
    HP | Intel iCore 7 3.2Ghz | 12 Gb mem | SSD Win7 | HDD Trusty | Mate 16.04
    Dell laptop | Intel iCore 3 2.1Ghz | 4 Gb mem | MATE 16.04 + Win 7
    Regards, Pete

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: results from today's update, upgrade, dist-upgrade

A few days ago I saw that message about sonicvisualizer. I saw it a few times. I did not get it today. I conclude that there is something wrong with the packaging of that application and it is not added to the software catalog.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530