Thread: First time PC build, having issues.

Beans

First time PC build, having issues.

This is my first time building a PC and I have probably done something very foolish. I wasn't sure if this is the place to ask, but here goes.
    The first problem is that the power is not staying on. I know that the power supply is adequate and is working perfectly (I did the paperclip check). What it does is pulse power 5 times and then shuts off. Also, I have to hold down the RESET button to keep the power on. Needless to say, I'm kinda confused.
    The other problem I'm having is that the motherboard is just not turning on. All the fans work when I hold down the reset button, but there's no boot or anything.
    Sorry if I'm being a bother, but I really don't know what to do! Any input would be appreciated. I'm at a loss.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: First time PC build, having issues.

Check and double check your wired connections. Also check that you have plugged in the 4-pin connection to the mobo. It's normally located close to the CPU.
    Cheers!
    Phenom II X4 955 Denab BE OC 3.8mhz | 8gig G.Skill 1600 RAM | Corsair 750 PSU | XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770 x2 | 1TB WD Black HDD Win7 | 160gig WD HDD Ubuntu 13.10
    --Feel like your question has been answered, mark as SOLVED!

Beans

Thank you, I'm retarded. Forgot the 4 pin connection.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Lol glad I could help.
    Cheers!
    Phenom II X4 955 Denab BE OC 3.8mhz | 8gig G.Skill 1600 RAM | Corsair 750 PSU | XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770 x2 | 1TB WD Black HDD Win7 | 160gig WD HDD Ubuntu 13.10
    --Feel like your question has been answered, mark as SOLVED!