Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intel HD4000 video

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Intel HD4000 video

Has anyone tried installing Ringtail on a machine with Intel HD4000 graphics. I haven't been able to use the last two releases on my machine and get a desktop without annoying workarounds. Hopefull the issue has been solved so I can can back to using Ubuntu!

Beans

Re: Intel HD4000 video

i dunno if it is the same problem.
    but i get this when starting ubuntu 13.04 on my intel i3 3220 on a h67 motherboard.

DSC_0054.jpg

ps debian wheezy works fine with the 3.2 kernel but if i compile the 3.8/3.9 series the same thing happens so i think it is a kernel bug ?

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

No problems here on a Lenovo Thinkpad L430. Only thing that doesn't work for me is brightness keys regression https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1156477

Why not try booting and testing from a usb stick?

Beans
    Distro

Chrisle: The weird thing is that the live version always worked for me. This failure to load the desktop only happened after installing on the hard drive.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Are you sure you don't have nvidia or amd plus intel graphics card installed?

Do you have reported this bug?

Are you using the latest bios for your Dell maybe a bios issue?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

It must work for some, but he uses some of the very newest drivers.

Linux 3.2 To 3.8 Kernels With Intel Ivy Bridge Graphics Jan 2013 with 13.04
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...nux32_38&num=1
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by oldfred View Post
    It must work for some, but he uses some of the very newest drivers.

Linux 3.2 To 3.8 Kernels With Intel Ivy Bridge Graphics Jan 2013 with 13.04
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...nux32_38&num=1
    That's the missing part - he was using for the published benchmark Mesa 9.1-devel (mesa git trunk) and maybe this is helpful (http://communities.intel.com/thread/34221).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

It's been workin for me lately
    I was getting some low graphics boots but after a reboot it would be OK
    a message would pop up that there was a problem detected after logging on
    I choose the "not sure" option on the bug report (cause I'm an idiot)
    it came back with a sudgestion to upgrade 4 packages which i did in synaptic (I don't remember which ones)
    and we're all happy and stable now
    I got a lenovo thinkpad 230 w/o the centrino wireless

Beans
    Distro

Interesting replies. When I read them, I'm not sure if the problem has been fixed or not. My machine has an Ivy Bridge processor and Intel HD4000 graphics (no AMD or nVidia) and the last two versions of Ubuntu would simply bring up a blank, black screen on bootup, although the Live versions worked fine. It was a common problem and received many postings on the forum at the time. There were lots of suggested workarounds, but they were awkward and annoying and really didn't "fix" the issue.

It SEEMS like there has been work done in the kernel to make things better, but when I read White Rasta's reply, I'm not sure it has been fixed. Since Ivy Bridge and Intel HDXXXX graphics are becoming more common in newer machines, I am praying that Ringtail will install and boot up to a desktop so that I can, once again, enjoy the benefits of Ubuntu. When the final release comes out, I'll be trying it again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by canadianwriterman View Post
    Interesting replies. When I read them, I'm not sure if the problem has been fixed or not. My machine has an Ivy Bridge processor and Intel HD4000 graphics (no AMD or nVidia) and the last two versions of Ubuntu would simply bring up a blank, black screen on bootup, although the Live versions worked fine. It was a common problem and received many postings on the forum at the time. There were lots of suggested workarounds, but they were awkward and annoying and really didn't "fix" the issue.

It SEEMS like there has been work done in the kernel to make things better, but when I read White Rasta's reply, I'm not sure it has been fixed. Since Ivy Bridge and Intel HDXXXX graphics are becoming more common in newer machines, I am praying that Ringtail will install and boot up to a desktop so that I can, once again, enjoy the benefits of Ubuntu. When the final release comes out, I'll be trying it again.
    Hi

If I'm not totally wrong it seems that you are using Ubuntu 12.10 - is it possible for you to boot a Raring live cd/usb and post your /var/log/Xorg.0.log and a top output of a live session?? As you have the hardware in which developers are interested your feedback should be welcome and here is the concerning thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2133979
    I would do this test myself but I do not have hardware with Intel HD4000 GPU and Mesa 9.1 bring in support for your Intel GPU.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast