Thread: Dash & Powermenu backgrounds 'glitched'

Beans

Dash & Powermenu backgrounds 'glitched'

A few days ago i went from Ubuntu 12.10 to 13.04 Beta. It was though getting things running since my system is kind of messy. One of the problems i have run into:

The backround of my dash looks glitched, and anytime i type or scroll in dash it 'blinks'.
    The power pop-up menu thats new to 13.04 has a similair problem. It looks to bright, you cant read any letters. There's also a square in the bottom left hand, same as in the dash.
    (See attachments)

Does any one know how to fix this?

PS. I have been using ubuntu for some time now, so getting a bit technical wont be a problem. ( A bit, i would not say i am an expert, not anything near it.)
    On the other hand: This is the first time i'm posting in ubuntu forums (Or any forum for that matter) So if there's something wrong, please tell me!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Dash & Powermenu backgrounds 'glitched'

Your Dash looks ok, they're using that graduated look now (why I don't know
    The power popup is obviously bad, some people had similar a ways back though I never did & don't recollect a solution.
    Maybe some settings carried foward from 12.10 are causing issue?

I'd try 2 things, -
    Try another background, see if anything improves.
    Create a new user, log in & see if things are better, if so then some local settings/config of yours needs adjusting.

(myself don't like a blurred Dash, don't see the point of seeing behind it. Also don't really like the colored launcher so instead set Dash to 'no blur' & raise the opacity in unity's compiz setting > Background to a high value - gives a dark Dash similar to what unity-2d had & the power popup is quite dark & readable (screen
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'm going to suggest it may be a compiz problem, as before this past weekends updates, nautilus did the same thing for me, and before it actually started working completely, compiz crashed.

Beans

Going to compiz and setting dash to no blur fixed both problems! None of the backgrounds are glitched/Unreadable. It also looks nicer now. Thanks for the quick help!