Thread: Optimal Synclient Settings? (Macbook)

Beans

Optimal Synclient Settings? (Macbook)

Quote Originally Posted by tom.swartz07 View Post
    Here's some awesome documentation from Arch's wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Touchpad_Synaptics

I've used this in the past to set up the 'OSX Lion-style' natural scrolling on my netbooks and laptops.

You will likely have to tweak the instructions a bit, Arch installs some of the config files in different locations.

Cheers dude.

I've recently set up a Macbook 3,1 with Linux Mint Cinnamon 13. I've used synclient to set it up, some pertinent configuration settings i've used are

FingerHigh (17) and FingerLow (10)
    turned off HorizTwoFingerScroll = 0,
    AccelFactor of 0.25 (was 0.175)
    MinSpeed of 0.6

However i've still got some issues with the trackpad seeming to have a jagged aliasing effect. While i scroll diagonally across the touchpad to the left i notice the cursor move up and left in alternating steps. This can be an issue when you're moving small distances to click on items.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening? which setting might be able to fix it? Perhaps its just an old trackpad.

thanks
    oman
    Last edited by Artificial Intelligence; April 8th, 2013 at 06:43 AM. Reason: added prefix

Beans

Re: Optimal Synclient Settings? (Macbook, Ubuntu)

Moved to Other OS/Distro Support.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot