Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Web Server

Beans

Re: Static IP ADDRESS

do you think that I am using wrong machine have a windows(URRRR) 7 installation as a desktop file server that connects to my router I use a shell to access server but always use the windows browser to configure 192.168.1.1 yxzel router could this be my route cause forgive the pun couldn't help it ps pressed my 3 enter buttons on key board 20 times each still no enter,return or (br)

Beans

static ip addreess for world to see

how to achieve this please yes Google was my friend I did find lovely tutorials just they were all for Linux Ubuntu 10 below, so I am using this as an excuse as to why I can not give my Linux webserver a static ip well can do that bit but cant get my routers external ip address the one the world sees to stay static. even though my port 80 is not blocked know this as I can reach server from outside network with what ever ip the dhcp has assigned. obviously every time it changes my site is lost to the world. now my isp dns servers are hidden not know were to be found on internet. so I sneaky obtained them as in the united states its against the law for the dns servers to be hidden so with a lot of messing around I finally got hold of all their information's dns server upv4,ASN num, ASN name ISP, IP range subnet but still even armed with this information I still failed to assign a static ip address to my router. ENTER NO MATER HOW MANY TIMES I PRESS IT DOSE NOT WORK IN THIS FORUM,<BR>

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: static ip addreess for world to see

1) A static public IP address is something you have to organize with your ISP
    2) Try using the "advanced" editor: the forum is switched so that HTML codes are disabled in posts.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Web Server

Threads merged. Starting multiple threads for the same problem just confuses us, and dilutes the community's ability to help.

Please don't use HTML tags in your posts, they have been disabled in this forum. Try using the "advanced" editor and BBCODE for your posts. (See next post)
    Last edited by lisati; April 7th, 2013 at 11:57 AM.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    My Blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Static IP ADDRESS

Quote Originally Posted by burge38 View Post
    sorry mate not learning another code hard enough getting to grips with Linux without having to use some obscure code to format in a Linux forum input page haven't got time any answers to important questions as I did state not having ago just a bit strange compared to the other 6 forums I am a member off if being different and harder to use than average forum gets you visits then fair paly. kind regards
    BBCode is standard to all forum software that I have come across. Please stop trying to use html - it won't work - for obvious reasons.

If you are not able to enter line breaks, the most likely explanations are that you have a browser issue, or you are blocking javascript on this forum
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

I do not wish to contact my internet service providers over this as they no far far less about networking than me, proved in various networking trouble I had with them in the beginning they had to be told how to ping a <snip> ip address the call center they speak pigeon English like an exchange student learning English terrible
    Last edited by Old_Grey_Wolf; April 7th, 2013 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Language

Beans

yes windows desktop server not nice hate the <snip> thing but my Microsoft works database with 10 years worth of work is windows only you give me a program that can handle it in Linux and I will bin windows 7 yesterday replace it with mandrake if you know a work around
    Last edited by Old_Grey_Wolf; April 7th, 2013 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Language

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by burge38 View Post
    I do not wish to contact my internet service providers over this as they no far far less about networking than me, proved in various networking trouble I had with them in the beginning they had to be told how to ping a <snip> ip address the call center they speak pigeon English like an exchange student learning English terrible
    On your own network, organizing a static IP address for any (or all) of your machines is your business. There are different ways of achieving this, some of which involve changing settings in your router, and other involve changing settings on the devices connected to your router.

When it comes to organizing a static public IP address, you have no choice but to involve your ISP. They are in charge of the IP addresses assigned to devices connected to their network.
    Last edited by Old_Grey_Wolf; April 7th, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    My Blog

Beans

I beg to differ brother the dhcp range is in charge of giving us ip address the ISP has no control over who receives what ip address they have a range the dhcp protocols invoke this range the router updates we get ip to get a static we need to know dns servers then when we apply from our router the dhcp protocls on network update to static then the static ip protocols kick in and I am given one from a pre defined range no humans need be involved.

Beans

do you think their is a human their working this out lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast