Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: white window overlaying desktop

Beans

Re: white window overlaying desktop

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    If you want to use Gs 3.8 & Gnome 3.8* then no reason not to but it's not a bug, you can't have nautilus handle the Desktop anymore.
    I realise that. I don't want Nautilus to manage my desktop. As I said here a day or so ago, people who want that are not thinking hard enough about it.

Beans

Yeah, I realize that. But unfortunately switching off Nautilus as the desktop control makes Unity go all wonky. Users that like to jump back and forth will get frustrated. All ready, there's tons of people complaining about this "bug" that don't know any better.

It's a shame that it forked like this... many users do interpret it as "breaking"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DefinityX View Post
    All ready, there's tons of people complaining about this "bug" that don't know any better.
    Well it is a bug. Unfortunately, after today's article in the very popular OMG Ubuntu there is going to be a large number of Unity users trying the GNOME ppa only to find it breaks their Unity environment due to this bug. They will stumble around finding how to ppa-purge then never come back.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Thanks - this sorted my desktop out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123