Thread: Ubuntu installation on new build with FOXCONN MB

Beans

Ubuntu installation on new build with FOXCONN MB

I tried to post earlier, but cant find it so I'm not sure if it got submitted. I appologize if there is a double post....anyway, I just built a new pc with a Foxconn H61S motherboard, installed Ubuntu from a usb flashdrive from a .iso file. everything seemed to install ok with the exception that Ubuntu keeps freezing up on me. I've googled multiple searches and everything seems to point back at the FOXCONN mb is not compatible with Linux. Can someone please help? I was hoping that if this is true there might be some type of driver download to make this board work.

also, I cannot install any of my mb drivers from my installation disk ? I'm not sure what going on there either.

Thanks for any help!

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Re: Ubuntu installation on new build with FOXCONN MB

I have no experience with FOXCONN, but got some forum hits that may help you.

http://www.googlubuntu.com/results/?...ch&cof=FORID:9

And welcome to the forums

Beans

Re: Ubuntu installation on new build with FOXCONN MB

Thanks for the info....I had no idea the Foxconn board would be such an issue. I just picked it up because it was inexpensive and had decent reviews. I was putting together a cheap system for my 11 year old with parts I had laying around. Didn't want this big headache! Thanks Foxconn, first and last board I buy that's branded Foxconn.