Thread: Numeric keypad arrow keys moving the mouse pointer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Numeric keypad arrow keys moving the mouse pointer

How can I stop the arrow keys in the keypad moving the mouse pointer? I just can't find, in 12.04 (precise), any option in the keyboard configuration, about this problem. The only key in the keypad that is working properly is the <Enter> key.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Numeric keypad arrow keys moving the mouse pointer

Hi!, joelsf.

In System Settings>System>Universal Access>Pointing and Clicking, there is a 'Mouse Keys' On/Off switch: "Control the pointer using the keybad", Set it to 'Off'.

But from your Post there is likely something much more than that wrong with your Keypad. Are the other keyboard keys and Hot keys working correctly.??

Chao, bogan.
    Last edited by bogan; April 3rd, 2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Better Solutions may bring Worsened Problems": After Lao Tse, b. circa 405BC. a contemporary of Confucius, who died circa 600BC.
    They did things differently in those days, apparently!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Numeric keypad arrow keys moving the mouse pointer

Thank you bogan. Now I received a precise instruction. I was going thrugh "System Settins/Keyboard", and, obviously could not find the option. Now things are back to normal.
    I just can't imagine how it got there, as it used to work the standard way, flipping to this state I don't know how. I've seen some posts commenting that accesses though VNC could cause this effect. I've tried it now and could not see this behaviour. So ... what could it be?
    Many thanks,

Joelgsf