Thread: Thinkpad Above Keyboard Buttons

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thinkpad Above Keyboard Buttons

Ok interesting problem, the buttons (Mute, volume up/down, mic mute) keys are not recognized by acpi_listen or trying to keybind anything, luckily the volume keys all work, however the embedded LED light on the mute key does not light up, nor does the mic key. More interesting is that the mic button does not do anything, does not mute/unmute or is recognized what so ever. Any help?

Regards,

Cody Bennett
    System Specs: Processor:Intel® Core™ i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz × 4 Graphics:nVidia Quadro 2000m RAM: 8 GB

Ubuntu User: 34379

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Thinkpad Above Keyboard Buttons

Hooray!!! After some trial and error I have managed to get the LED on the volume mute to work AND get the brightness indicator to change when I change the brightness! Both of which I needed to remove a couple lines of code from my GRUB configuration, now everything is set EXCEPT my darn mic key, it seems as though Ubuntu doesn't recognize that it exists because nothing happens when I press it whatsoever
    System Specs: Processor:Intel® Core™ i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz × 4 Graphics:nVidia Quadro 2000m RAM: 8 GB

Ubuntu User: 34379