Thread: Chromebook CR-48 for trade or sale

Beans

Chromebook CR-48 for trade or sale

I have a Chromebook CR-48 that i'm looking to trade or sell. I'm looking for a laptop with a dvd drive, that has at least 1GB of ram, and can run medium OSs. The chromebooks has Ubuntu 12.04 on it.

Please make an offer.

Thanks,
    tahdas

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Chromebook CR-48 for trade or sale

i am willing to trade my toshiba satellite c655d-s2500 if you are willing to pay me around $100 as well, the laptop has 3 gigs ram, 320gig(actually, its 280, due to partitions, and other stuff), a 1.0ghz amd c-50 accelerated proccesor, with ubuntu 12.04.2 installed. and has dvd drive. i need the money to do trade, laptop is worth 483 brand new from toshiba, the one i have is 300 dollars. giant screen, good quality video. all around nice laptop.
    ~Gerrman~

Beans

I'm interested. Pm a pic and more info. Can you remove the partition? Would I be able to store a lot of videos on it? What's its battery life? Can I run steam? Will it play flash games?

Thanks!
    Last edited by tahdas; April 3rd, 2013 at 07:52 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by tahdas View Post
    I'm interested. Pm a pic and more info. Can you remove the partition? Would I be able to store a lot of videos on it? What's its battery life? Can I run steam? Will it play flash games?

Thanks!
    the partition can be removed very easy. yes, the hdd can store plenty of videos. the battery life has diminished little. it is about 5 hours on full charge. i am pretty sure it will run steam, and flash games work great. i will take a picture of it tonight and upload.
    Does the chromebook run fast? how big is the hdd, what type? is it easily accesible? can it be removed and replaced? what kind of video card? what os did it originally run? how much was it?

P.S. i have a 1tb hdd that i would send along for 50 dollars. it is worth alot more than that, so its a good deal, if u need extra storage.
    ~Gerrman~

Beans

It's worth about $150-200, it's not that fast, it's good for basic tasks like web surfing and writing. I'm not sure how much had or what type, but I've decide I'm going to have to decline your offer for now. I don't really have the money right now. Sorry.