Thread: making the "quirk" options to pm-suspend permanent?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Question making the "quirk" options to pm-suspend permanent?

Hi,

I have a Radeon 5800 series video card on my computer and the open source drivers seem to work much better than the ones supplied by AMD in all cases but one: resuming from suspend.

With the binary blob the screen gets restored without problems, but with the gallium driver the monitor is giving me the message "Out of range". I found that putting the computer in suspend mode with the command below restores the video perfectly:
    Code:
    pm-suspend --quirk-vbe-post
    My question now is how do I make that "quirk" a permanent setting when suspending?
    Last edited by I_can_see_the_light; April 3rd, 2013 at 07:43 PM.
    "You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself."
    -- Sam Levenson
    Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E8020D | Triple booting CrunchBang, Ubuntu and Windows 7

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: making the "quirk" options to pm-suspend permanent?

Hi, have you tried adding this option? --store-quirks-as-lkw

Regards.

Beans
    Distro

Thank you, I'll look into that.
    "You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself."
    -- Sam Levenson
    Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E8020D | Triple booting CrunchBang, Ubuntu and Windows 7

Beans
    Distro

I tried the option --store-quirks-as-lkw but it didn't work reliably. Most likely it was because --quirk-vbe-post didn't solve the issue like I first thougt - apparently my computer can hibernate without issue and after hibernation the problem with suspending is gone as well :/

I found out that my brand new 12.04 install had lots of packages (xorg stuff) backported from 12.10 though, that's not really good for a release targeted towards workstations. I am positively sure that I did not install those packages myself. Fortunately enough I could install the old version of said packages and now suspend seem to be working fine again.

I will mark the thread as solved since I won't be investigating this further.
    -- Sam Levenson