Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nautilus in 13.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Nautilus in 13.04

BTW, you can do a quasi "tree view" in Nautilus, by choosing "View items as a list", but it's rather useless IMO.

Here's another screenie (PCManFM "Directory Tree" vs. Nautilus "View items as a list" )...

Last edited by VinDSL; April 27th, 2013 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Added screenie
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans

For someone who doesn't use the voluminous sidebar much, i miss the bookmark button that was in the top panel by the search button.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Not sure if this has been posted?

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/04/get-n...in-ubuntu.html

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JMB74 View Post
    if going with one of the various 3.4 nautilus options - if the default bookmarks are missing from the unity launcher quicklist menu then just add them back. (if one wants them
    Simplest may be just navigate to those folders (Documents, Downloads, ect.) & go ctrl+d on each one

nautilus-3.6+ stores bookmarks in a new location that nautilus-3.4 doesn't know about, (.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: Please stop discussing 13.04 in this Ubuntu + 1 Sub-Forum!

Will you guys Please stop discussing 13.04 in this Sub-Forum? It's time to shift Focus to 13.10 now that 13.10 Daily Builds are up! Otherwise I will have to start Reporting Posts in this Sub-Forum that continue to discuss 13.04!
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Jonor View Post
    For someone who doesn't use the voluminous sidebar much, i miss the bookmark button that was in the top panel by the search button.
    Don't recollect a bm button previously, there was the menu item..

Anyway it may be possible to add a toolbar item to open the current Bookmark window but doesn't seem of much value.
    Bookmarks is really only useful to edit bookmarks, mainly user added ones. (Default "Places" bookmarks can't be moved, don't see much point in renaming them.

As far as navigating from the Bookmarks window that seems to be a maybe once, then crash. (They really should have keep the name 'Edit Bookmarks'

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JMB74 View Post
    Thank you so much for this! I can't work productively without tree view and F3 to get a double pane allowing you to easily copy or move from one destination to another. Honestly, does no one actually use these systems for doing, you know, real work, part of which involves staying organised?

There used to be a kind of tree-view sidebar on the Image Viewer, but that's disappeared too. Anyone know how to get that back?

Basically, any feature I found useful has gone in 13.04 - even wireless access is broken for me because of this bug so I'm plugged in using a wire on my netbook. And to think that I originally made the switch from Windows to Ubuntu a few years ago because Microsoft were making it impossible to use for work because of their obsession with tablet design ... and now Ubuntu appears to be going the same way. What a pain! Some of my colleagues have already switched to Mint. I may have to too.

Beans

And found another gem. Clicking backspace doesn't go one level up anymore...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by EgoGratis View Post
    And found another gem. Clicking backspace doesn't go one level up anymore...
    Surprise, surprise - you can actually change that in nautilus quite easily.
    (replaces current up dir. binding with backspace key

Code:
    gedit  ~/.config/nautilus/accels
    Add this to a new line at bottom, don't be tempted to make it look like the other lines..
    Code:
    (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/ShellActions/Up" "BackSpace")
    restart nautilus or log out/in

Beans

Surprise, surprise
    I can agree on that it was an surprise...

you can actually change that in nautilus quite easily.
    Thanks tutorial did worked. Now if only other few millions of users will find this tutorial... If anybody knows official rationale to ditch this i would like to read it because i got use to gems like this and to hear/read the rationale behind them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast